Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 106 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

The Jonathan Shaw interview is incredible

It's as if they deliberately want to flame conspiracy theories

Could Assad have undertaken a double bluff as in nobody would think he was daft enough to do that in the current climate so he did it ?

Thats the only explanation i can give for him doing it

Well OPCW can't visit the site to independently verify shit now, they were literally due to start in the morning.

Syria has a missle defence system as well so i guess we'll be seeing how it works.

Let's hope it's just some posturing.

4 hours ago, phart said:

Well OPCW can't visit the site to independently verify shit now, they were literally due to start in the morning.

Syria has a missle defence system as well so i guess we'll be seeing how it works.

Hopefully it's a one off but now any time anti Assad forces (aka Islamist terrorists) want a bit of help they know what to do. Unbelievable timing when OPCW inspectors were due to check the site of the alleged gas attack today.

8 hours ago, phart said:

Convenient really

They're so on their high horses about this event though it was probs them that did it.

Don't give a fuck about Yemen or Palestine though etc etc

I am sick to death with too many countries trying to act like the moral policemen/guardians of the world when they lack the morals to do so. After all they started a war in the same region just over a decade ago claiming Iraq had WMD - and it turned out they didn't. And did the USA not just bomb Syria last year claiming it would wipe out their chemical factories? Hmm what the hell happened there then?

If my history is correct there has been conflicts/bombing etc in the Middle East since the late 1940s. Countless bombing sortes/mini-wars/invasions has had no effect whatsoever and neither will this latest action. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it that (if we last that long) in fifty years time that region of the world will still be in conflict. The super powers should butt out and pull all troops and equipment out and leave them to kill each other off. China have the right idea when conflicts arise. They keep their opinions to themselves and don't get involved.

40 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

“A US mistake”

Its always a mistake isn’t it?

History will always be the judge

Intervening can be a mistake just as staying well out of it could be

Leaving aside (mostly) American and Russian foreign policy the Arab middle east has a hotbed of religious fanatics on several sides that would love nothing more than to have an iron fist over one another 

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

History will always be the judge

Intervening can be a mistake just as staying well out of it could be

Leaving aside (mostly) American and Russian foreign policy the Arab middle east has a hotbed of religious fanatics on several sides that would love nothing more than to have an iron fist over one another 

Who writes the history though?

The gulf war, Vietnam, even Ukraine. Do we really know what happened? War propaganda is rampant. 

Depending on what source you use, the US, NATO etc have been intervening in Syria and this “civil war” has been engineered to force regime change. As someone who leans towards the conspiracy side of things I can believe that. NATO backed rebels to take down Assad doesn’t seem that far fetched. 

Would they manufacture chemical attacks to get the public onboard? I don’t see why not. 

The only mistake here is that Assad’s head isn’t on a stick and that Russia decided Syria wouldn’t become another Libya. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Social media has emerged as a key battleground in the U.S. and Russian media campaign to promote their sharply divergent accounts of chemical weapons in Syria.

The intelligence assessments presented over the weekend by the United States and France to justify missiles strikes against Syria for its alleged use of chemical weapons in a Damascus suburb relied to an unusual degree on information gleaned from open source material and social media. Russia, meanwhile, is mustering an army of internet trolls to shift blame for the chemical weapons attack.

The development reflects the evolution of social media as a key source of propaganda on Syria but also as a critical source of evidence in building a case for airstrikes.

“I can’t think of any other examples where so quickly online footage has been used as one of the main justifications for military action,” says Ben Nimmo, who studies disinformation as a fellow at the Atlantic Council.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/04/17/how-social-media-built-the-case-for-trumps-strike-on-syria/

Israel tonight bombed several positions in Syria and received 20 rockets back in response. A serious escalation just a day after the Trump announcement on Iran. It’s shaping up to be a hot summer on the border and it’s quite easy to tell who is to blame.