Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

9 hours ago, girvanTA said:

Directly quoted from  the president of the R &A in our local rag about a week ago. I will see if Iv still got it somewhere

I don't know who the "President" of the R&A is. Do you mean the Chief Executive, Martin Slumbers? I would very much doubt that he indicated that the Open would be back at Turnberry any time soon. He, and the R&A, have been very careful to sidestep that question until a decision needs to be made. The Open wont be back at Turnberry until 2022 at the earliest and they are probably hoping that Trump will be off the scene by then.

Turnberry is still on the "rota". It has never been off the rota, but that doesn't mean that the Open will be played there. I think Prestwick is still on the Open venue list but everybody knows the Open ain't going back there any time soon, if ever.

15 hours ago, girvanTA said:

The british media imo absolutely hound the guy big time, where as he will bring in millions of pounds to my local area with Turnberry. It is estimated that the british open this year (troon) will bring in an estimated £140million

The what Open? <_<

7 hours ago, deecie said:

I've got bad news for you about the difference between what Trump says he'll do and what he actually does.

Yup, he says he'll build a wall across the US/Mexican boarder and that Mexico will pay for it. Purleese. Appealing to the lowest of the American isolationist psyche there.

J

Bookies have moved on from the nominations and are assuming it will be Trump v Clinton. Interestingly as Trump emerged as the favourite Clintons odd went from even down to 1/2 while trump also narrowed to 2/1 or 9/4 as he is now. Two horse race now.

When you look at how much of an outsider he was going into the nominations I think this kind of lead of Hillary pre main race even starting properly is not nearly going to be enough for her.

Bizarrely the republicans look like they would rather Trump lost than beat Hillary. Rubio in particular is unhinged. Stop Trump and then what bubbleboy, you or worse and far more likely psycho boy Cruz? Mental stuff.

Trump will be a different candidate by the time he gets ugly with Hillary. She wont however be any different at all.

Watching it all it just reinforces the view that the corporate media are far more corrosive to democracy than the worst politician could ever dream of being. Real scum bags.

Edited by thplinth

I have the feeling that there is a big sea change happening in the US media with Trump & that was even before the ludicrous Mitt Romney stuck his oar in.

The joke of him becoming President, never mind Republican nominee, is now wearing thin as the reality of it happening gets closer.

It started with John Oliver at the weekend - the video is below - and i think it will snowball in the days and weeks ahead.

I still stand by Cruz being far more dangerous however and i wish the mainstream US media would focus on that. Maybe they will if he gets closer to being the nominee

55 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I have the feeling that there is a big sea change happening in the US media with Trump & that was even before the ludicrous Mitt Romney stuck his oar in.

The joke of him becoming President, never mind Republican nominee, is now wearing thin as the reality of it happening gets closer.

It started with John Oliver at the weekend - the video is below - and i think it will snowball in the days and weeks ahead.

I still stand by Cruz being far more dangerous however and i wish the mainstream US media would focus on that. Maybe they will if he gets closer to being the nominee

Wow. I just sat through that. Brilliant. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I don't know who the "President" of the R&A is. Do you mean the Chief Executive, Martin Slumbers? I would very much doubt that he indicated that the Open would be back at Turnberry any time soon. He, and the R&A, have been very careful to sidestep that question until a decision needs to be made. The Open wont be back at Turnberry until 2022 at the earliest and they are probably hoping that Trump will be off the scene by then.

Turnberry is still on the "rota". It has never been off the rota, but that doesn't mean that the Open will be played there. I think Prestwick is still on the Open venue list but everybody knows the Open ain't going back there any time soon, if ever.

Aye thats the fella, I must have chucked the paper out.

Trust me Turnberry will host the open again poss 2022? but it will host the open again, and Trump will be in it for the long haul. He has already ssai that Turnberry will be "the jewel in his crown" and I cant see anything changing.

In all things considered whether you like him or hate him, Trump puts his money where his mouth is, he's straight talking and takes a no nonsense approach.

5 hours ago, girvanTA said:

In all things considered whether you like him or hate him, Trump puts his money where his mouth is, he's straight talking and takes a no nonsense approach.

:lol:

A straight talker who can barely give a straight forward answer to most questions around policy.

Watch the John Oliver video above.

On 04/03/2016 at 3:04 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

A straight talker who can barely give a straight forward answer to most questions around policy.

Very good point. He's changed umpteen policies already and denies things that he's obviously said. Ironically he's much more of a politician and a pragmatist than any of the establishment politicians that he's railing against.

I only lasted 5 minutes before I got bored of the John Oliver video. Never even knew who the guy was but I assume he is that guy Jon Stewarts replacement from some of the comments he made. Came across as a complete hatchet job. If you have 20 minutes with full editorial control to cut and splice  carefully selected video intersected with your team of comedy writers pithy remarks you could 'demolish' anyone. Looked really weak actually to me given all the advantages. We have so long to run on this assuming Trump is not thwarted in the nomination that it is impossible to imagine where this will be come election time. It is mad. 

On 2 March 2016 at 11:28 PM, girvanTA said:

In all honesty I really dont mind the guy.

I cant believe that 500,000  signed a petition to ban him from the uk, ffs there are more people using foodbanks that signed that nonsense.

The british media imo absolutely hound the guy big time, where as he will bring in millions of pounds to my local area with Turnberry. It is estimated that the british open this year (troon) will bring in an estimated £140million

Trump will bring that in in his first 3 years without the luxury of any tournament. Its good to see that the R & A have seen sense, and Turnberry will be on the british open rota.

Trump has also expressed an interest in Prestwick airport with direct flights to America, again more coin down here. 

If the guy is investing in Scotland then he's alright in my book

To be fair, you quoted somewhere last week that you thought a UKIP immigration minister spoke a lot of sense, so Im not entirely surprised you like Trump

12 hours ago, Scunnered said:

Bernie defied polls (20 points behind) to take the heart of (de)industrial America.

This was the biggest upset in Primary history and now makes the Democrat contest really interesting - not that you would know that from the mainstream media.

It's now 60/40 that Hillary will win but that Michegan result puts things up in the air.

The problem for Hillary is that after next week's round of elections (which she is expected to do well) she runs out of Southern states and majority black voters.

However it is now not guaranteed that she will do so well next week after Michegan and after March 15th it's wall to wall Sanders states.

Cruz is also running out of white evangelical states and if Trump can win Hawaii then it seems the game is over

Ever since Rubio started slagging Trump, he has gone backwards in the polls. Amazing really that he is 'the establishment's' last hope when you look at his voting and policies. 

Trump seems to be the immovable object, after last Sat's defeats - heavily in Oklahoma and the surprise one in Maine- I thought he would have struggled last night, but nope, steam rolled Mississippi, Hawaii and Michigan too. It's looking inevitable now. The GOP hacks in Washington would prefer him over Ted Cruz probably, Cruz has not received a single endorsement from a Senator.

Come next Tueday, quite likely Rubio will be out - he's losing badly in Florida (, now I sound like Donald J.) and seems to have lost all that marcomentum he had after his 3rd place finish in Iowa or 5th place in New Hampshire ;) 

Kasich will be interesting. I think he may well win Ohio, but it'll be tight. Then it'll be down to two.

Watching Sanders win in Michigan last night was excellent viewing. I quite like 538, but seeing them squirm and backtrack after Sanders hung on for a decent win was enjoyable.  Especially considering their "99% chance of Clinton winning" forecast. The polling probably can't be trusted in some stats, what with some being open or mixed primaries, but that was one hell of a win for Sanders. Hilary was 27 pts ahead in the last poll ahead of the voting. 

Tonight's debate will be very interesting. If Bernie can fire on from here and win in Ohio, it'll certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. It's highly likely that Clinton will win enough delegates even in the close contents like last night's shock win, but he's certainly going to keep going to the end, and imagine if he ends up 'winning' more states and territories than she does, it doesn't bode well for her presidential run in November, but then again, look how nutty her opponents will be.

Debate tonight at around 1.30 (CNN I think) between Sanders and Clinton. And the claws may well be out from HRC again when she didn't really need to on Sunday's. Tomorrow there's another one (CNN, again I think) between the Republicans - and they are always entertaining. Especially considering it's last chance saloon for Rubio, and to a lesser extent Kasich.

1 hour ago, phart said:

If given the choice between Clinton,Sanders and Trump, I might pick trump or hang myself. Not sure which.

phart endorses Trump!

Watch this...

The point he makes at the start about turnout is true. He is noticeably curbing the vulgarity and (republican nomination) street fighting stuff and shifting into 'presidential mode'. At 3-1 still he looks excellent value.

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Ever since Rubio started slagging Trump, he has gone backwards in the polls.

The Donald goes on about that in his speech. Everyone who goes for his jugular ends up being the loser...

After the onslaught of the last two weeks he appears to be reforming liquid terminator like into a new nightmare for his opponents.

How can Bernie be 12/1 for prez and Hillary 1/2?

I can't wait to see the battle between Hillary and Trump. I think/hope she will be obliterated by the time it is over.

Trump will have come through a hideous evolution on planet death to get the republican nomination, fighting nasty vicious chunts. Hillary has had a democratic pillow fight with Bernie and been softballed by the media from podium back into her limo... She will be / is a soft sack of shite compared to Trump.

On 3/4/2016 at 6:04 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

Ok fair play perhaps I was a wee bit hasty there

On 3/7/2016 at 0:13 PM, Mox said:

To be fair, you quoted somewhere last week that you thought a UKIP immigration minister spoke a lot of sense, so Im not entirely surprised you like Trump

To be fair Steven Woolfe does talk sense on the immigration issue regarding the eu ref. If you would care to watch it then you would realize that he is from a migrant family of mixed race. 

Regarding Trump Am I meant to hate the guy? There will be a much needed cash injection to our local economy through tourism and employment

I bet your a labour supporter.....

27 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Watched him on Hannity there (I know!) 

1 hour of tangential nonsense, unable or unwilling to give a clear concise answer to any question. Crowd cheering and lapping it all up like lemmings. 

Sounds familiar.

1 hour ago, girvanTA said:

To be fair Steven Woolfe does talk sense on the immigration issue regarding the eu ref. If you would care to watch it then you would realize that he is from a migrant family of mixed race. 

Regarding Trump Am I meant to hate the guy? There will be a much needed cash injection to our local economy through tourism and employment

I bet your a labour supporter.....

Adolf Hitler provided holidays and stuff for children to do.

Does that make him ok if your book?