Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 178 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

no and i am not a supporter of biden either as it is not my country, both have very big flaws as do both partys, at the same time both have certain strengths..

Same here.  I don't give two hoots who wins.  Yes there will be an INDIRECT effect on Scotland.  But I doubt very much that it will happen whoever wins in America.  Deals will be done either way.  A lot of people on here like dealing in facts.  More than 60% of Scotland's exports go to the rest of the UK (in 2018 61.2 billion).  Other exports going to the EU are worth 16.1 billion. USA 5.5 billion. Source Gov.uk.  So yes, still a significant export market but the outcome of this election will not IMO change that.  It is the EU we are leaving and yes, that does have an indirect effect on us in terms of USA.  In summary, I doubt if Trump or Biden winning will have a huge effect on us.  Still quite fascinating though.  I see the usual suspects managed to bring Rangers i.e huns in to the conversation.  Amazing stuff.  If you support Trump that makes you a Hun 🌙.  Stand on.

I've never met a "Trump supporter" in real life only ever encountered them online. Not that it ever comes up in conversation anyway, i've not straw polled people I meet.

We had the "fiasco" over his golf course back in the day which hardly endeared him.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

I've never met a "Trump supporter" in real life only ever encountered them online. Not that it ever comes up in conversation anyway, i've not straw polled people I meet.

We had the "fiasco" over his golf course back in the day which hardly endeared him.

Aye.  Inward investment, building a top golf course in Scotland is a bad thing?  A golf course is not like a factory that got grants for American companies and decides to walk.  I am no supporter of Trump even if I am a hun.  Bathgate no more.

There was someone on Radio 4 last night who was key in the Trump election last time that got punted a week and a half in to his term - still obviously had an axe to grind but he did mention a couple of interesting things.  

Basically what he reckons is that Biden will get over 270 anyway when Pennsylvania and possibly even Georgia get announced - oddschecker have him massive favourite in the prior and slight favourite in the later.  

When this happens the Republicans in the will accept defeat and pretty much disassociate themselves with Trump.  They'll take the massive shift in judiciary balance that he has given them, including in the Supreme Court, but they don't want him bringing the whole system down around them.  Their issue from there will be the direction of the party and bringing it away from just being about Trump.     

The other thing he mentioned is Trump's trying to stay in power so hard because he's court cases that will come up once he's out.  

Edited by ThistleWhistle

16 minutes ago, kumnio said:

This is a very funny read. I probably like it because its similar to my opinion that USA is a failed state, so its entirely one sided.

Hi Kumnio.  Can you explain  why you think America is a failed state when it is still the biggest economy in the world by GDP. I teach this stuff and would like your opinion as to your conclusions.

48 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

There was someone on Radio 4 last night who was key in the Trump election last time that got punted a week and a half in to his term - still obviously had an axe to grind but he did mention a couple of interesting things.  

Anthony Scaramucci? Saw him on Newsnight too.

36 minutes ago, kumnio said:

This is a very funny read. I probably like it because its similar to my opinion that USA is a failed state, so its entirely one sided.

That's quality!  Love this one: 

#BREAKING Fearing an influx of refugees as the ethnically polarized US heads into a divisive presidential election, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has appealed for help from the international community while Mexico is reportedly considering paying for a border wall.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Armed trump supporters have apparently managed to get a ballot counting statiom shut down 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

11 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

no and i am not a supporter of biden either as it is not my country, both have very big flaws as do both partys, at the same time both have certain strengths..

I know one person who is mad for Trump.  Funnily enough, she’s from the Broch. Must be something in the water up there. 

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

The actor James Woods is a big Trump fan, reading the lunatics replying to his Twitter pish is both hilarious and scary, a significant percentage of Yanks seems to be mentally deranged.

Was reading his twitter there.

He's kinda turned into the character he played in "Once Upon A Time In America".

9 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Hi Kumnio.  Can you explain  why you think America is a failed state when it is still the biggest economy in the world by GDP. I teach this stuff and would like your opinion as to your conclusions.

Still teaching at 110, i thought most huns were unemployed

If my memory serves me correct Thplinth predicted many moons ago on this thread that the problem would not be what Trump does in office it will be what happens when he has to leave

It is almost certain there will be either civil unrest on a large scale or another Timothy McVey homegrown terrorist incident on it's way

Trump is doing his best to incite it

13 hours ago, aaid said:

I know one person who is mad for Trump.  Funnily enough, she’s from the Broch. Must be something in the water up there. 

there are definitely a lot on the go up here, maybe to do with culture. Its a hard working area and in general affluent. Many work in the oil and gas industry and many at the fishing,, the torys up here are vicious, why? i have no idea but in my experience if you are a tory here you like trump