Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 170 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

This was just two weeks ago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/6/8/21281998/chicago-deadliest-day-violence-murder-history-police-crime

18 people killed in one weekend. And they all look to be black people.

To put that in context ...

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase.

So that murder death toll in one day in one city was double the amount of unarmed black people killed by the police during the whole of 2019.

But these lives don't matter because they cannot be exploited. It is ironic that Black Lives Matter but only when they are killed by a cop or a white person. 

You're getting dumber by the minute and you can't even see it, you're so blinded by your own paranoia and conspiracy theories.

Youre Comparing apples and Oranges here and when you're 'stats' come under even the tiniest bit of scrutiny you become all defensive as we saw yesterday. 

2 hours ago, phart said:

Saw Trump trying to drink water at a speech last night. Man being in power seems to sap everyone he didn't look too great at all.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if - assuming he loses in November - that he isn't "diagnosed" with dementia within six months.   I suspect that'll be partly genuine and partly to avoid prosecution a la Ernest Saunders.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

The thickarse bigot in the Green Brigade going about conspiracy theories. lol.

There is a reason stupidity and bigotry go hand in hand. And you are a shining example all right.

GREEN BRIGADE KLAXON

Some insane incidents going on right now.

This old lady is 92 and scared to go out now. They have nabbed the guy. 31 years old and has been arrested over 100 times apparently.

edit: guess what released again...

He was given a desk appearance ticket for the bust and ordered to return to court at the end of July.

The unidentified victim, 24, informed deputies that he was waiting to buy grocery items at the convenience store when a group of up to six young men tried to cut in line, according to Houston's KTRK-TV.

"I looked over and said, 'There's a line for a reason,'" the victim said. He told police the group mocked his hair and clothes before attacking him when he exited the store.

"I don't know what else I could do," he told KTRK-TV. "The fifth one at the end came out of the store after purchasing goods, and came up to me and kicked me in the face and said, 'Black Lives Matter, [expletive].'"

Edited by thplinth

Violence by far-right groups and individuals has emerged as one of the most dangerous terrorist threats faced by US law enforcement and triggered a wave of warnings and arrests of people associated with those extremist movements.

The most recent in-depth analysis of far-right terrorism comes from the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)...

...“Far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators...

...The report shows the far left has been an increasingly negligible source of attacks since the mid 2000s."

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

https://csis-website-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/publication/200612_Jones_DomesticTerrorism_v6.pdf

Based on a CSIS data set of terrorist incidents, the most significant threat likely comes from white supremacists, though anarchists and religious extremists inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda could present a potential threat as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/27/us-far-right-violence-terrorist-threat-analysis

Edited by phart

106172549_10220941543784256_636352629286

She said in an interview Monday that she thought she was sending a private message, but the comment was shared publicly on Facebook.

“This was an error on my part,” she said.

Edited by phart