Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 167 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Half the comments on facebook are calling it fake. Also the page calling itself left wing when it clearly isn't.

50 mill club is also PewDiePie memorabilia. (The top she is wearing)

"Disney has cut ties with the world's highest paid YouTube star PewDiePie over allegations of anti-Semitism.

The decision came after several videos he released over the past few months were found to contain Nazi references or anti-Semitic imagery.

PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, accepted the material was offensive, but said he did not support "any kind of hateful attitudes".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38965377

The world's highest-paid YouTube star, PewDiePie, has used the "n-word" during an online broadcast.

The 27-year-old Swede - real name Felix Kjellberg - could be heard using the racial slur while he was playing a video game during a live streaming.

After using the term he appeared to recognise his error, saying: "I don't mean that in a bad way."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41222593

"A gunman opened fire in a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, killing 50 people and injuring 50 more. As he did so, he filmed the entire crime and live-streamed it directly to Facebook..."

"...The suspect also referenced a meme in the actual video. Before opening fire he shouted "subscribe to PewDiePie..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47583393

Edited by phart

Trying to conflate the girl in the clip with things that had nothing to do with her, like the person who posted the clip on their bitchute channel, or the people who post in the comments section of the bitchute channel is a really dodgy and dishonest argument. 

And I have been given a warning on the back of it! 

Mods - this warning seems very harsh. How about a reversal. All I was doing was linking to the clip and as you can see it is innocuous. 

3 minutes ago, phart said:

Half the comments on facebook are calling it fake. Also the page calling itself left wing when it clearly isn't.

50 mill club is also PewDiePie memorabilia.

"Disney has cut ties with the world's highest paid YouTube star PewDiePie over allegations of anti-Semitism.

The decision came after several videos he released over the past few months were found to contain Nazi references or anti-Semitic imagery.

PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, accepted the material was offensive, but said he did not support "any kind of hateful attitudes".

The world's highest-paid YouTube star, PewDiePie, has used the "n-word" during an online broadcast.

The 27-year-old Swede - real name Felix Kjellberg - could be heard using the racial slur while he was playing a video game during a live streaming.

After using the term he appeared to recognise his error, saying: "I don't mean that in a bad way."

"A gunman opened fire in a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, killing 50 people and injuring 50 more. As he did so, he filmed the entire crime and live-streamed it directly to Facebook..."

"...The suspect also referenced a meme in the actual video. Before opening fire he shouted "subscribe to PewDiePie..."

Apart from that though? 

6 minutes ago, phart said:

50 mill club is also PewDiePie memorabilia.

This is what happens when you strip away the comments on bitchute! lol.

8 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Apart from that though? 

What do you mean?

Ostensibly it's someone getting rocks thrown at them for a stupid as fuck reason, best go to the police and get the dumbfucks charged potentially for a racially motivated crime.

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Trying to conflate the girl in the clip with things that had nothing to do with her, like the person who posted the clip on their bitchute channel, or the people who post in the comments section of the bitchute channel is a really dodgy and dishonest argument. 

And I have been given a warning on the back of it! 

Mods - this warning seems very harsh. How about a reversal. All I was doing was linking to the clip and as you can see it is innocuous. 

I agree with that.

Why the warning?

I watched the clip when you posted it on BitChute. She mentioned the boys were 14/15 years old. Of course some kids will act like dicks, and use bullshit 'excuses' like her wearing all black to be neddish wee pricks. Not sure an incident like that deserves worldwide attention and to be used as ammunition on the online culture war however.

Also interesting that that facebook page would rename itself to appear life-wing. Lots of underhand skulduggery going on these days.

Are you seriously linking the girl in the clip to the Christchurch mass murderer and Antisemitism all because she is wearing a PewDiePie sweatshirt?! Do you not think that seems a bit ludicrous and desperate. 

You've got be on the wind up. lol.

6 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Not sure an incident like that deserves worldwide attention and to be used as ammunition on the online culture war however.

Also interesting that that facebook page would rename itself to appear life-wing. Lots of underhand skulduggery going on these days.

Some folk are suckers for articulate young lassies confirming their biases.

24 minutes ago, phart said:

Some folk are suckers for articulate young lassies confirming their biases.

For lack of a better word, a classic. 

Not sure what to believe here, the overwhelming positive media response to BLM raises some concerns. But I don’t really care anymore. 

Its amazing how the world is a simpler happier place when you turn off YouTube and Twitter etc. 

Aye ok hands up. I've been secretly saying for years that white people up and down the country are getting stones thrown at their heads for wearing all black clothing. So when I saw this story I just could not resist. You've caught me out.

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Its amazing how the world is a simpler happier place when you turn off YouTube and Twitter etc. 

We have a WhatsApp groupchat, I said earlier today that twitter is now ruined. Every second tweet shown is BLM, trans issue, statue removal, comedy removal, its just fucking shite, its a complete bombardment of issues, with zero nuance at all, whats the bloody point.

Before the usual stalkers start, all left wing opinions, and most of them that I agree with, but Jesus Christ its overkill.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

We have a WhatsApp groupchat, I said earlier today that twitter is now ruined. Every second tweet shown is BLM, trans issue, statue removal, comedy removal, its just fucking shite, its a complete bombardment of issues, with zero nuance at all, whats the bloody point.

Before the usual stalkers start, all left wing opinions, and most of them that I agree with, but Jesus Christ its overkill.

I found that by stopping following Wings and AngryScotland I got rid of about 90% of the GRA stuff overnight.  Which I guess tells you about what those two accounts' priorities have been over the last year or so. 

Just now, aaid said:

I found that by stopping following Wings and AngryScotland I got rid of about 90% of the GRA stuff overnight.  Which I guess tells you about what those two accounts' priorities have been over the last year or so. 

Funny you say that, Ive never followed Wings, and never will, as I think he is a cunt. But, Angry Scotland is a right annoying twat these days,  the complete 180 of Wings, but just as bad.

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Funny you say that, Ive never followed Wings, and never will, as I think he is a cunt. But, Angry Scotland is a right annoying twat these days,  the complete 180 of Wings, but just as bad.

I know what you mean.  For a while I thought it was useful to get a flavour of both sides of the argument but the volume became ridiculous.   I'd been meaning to stop following Wings for a while, despite following him since 2013 and contributing regularly to his crowdfunders but his account being suspended made the decision for me.  Didn't follow the RevStu account, which I understand has also been suspended.  Then I binned AngryScotland, he really should've stuck to just tweeting pictures af Alex Salmond in amusing scenarios, was so much more entertaining. 

I think he said his account was suspended because of snp trans activists targeting it. I recall he said it was the most popular pro independence Twitter account and it was killed by the snp wokerati over GRA.

Edited by thplinth

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

I know what you mean.  For a while I thought it was useful to get a flavour of both sides of the argument but the volume became ridiculous.   I'd been meaning to stop following Wings for a while, despite following him since 2013 and contributing regularly to his crowdfunders but his account being suspended made the decision for me.  Didn't follow the RevStu account, which I understand has also been suspended.  Then I binned AngryScotland, he really should've stuck to just tweeting pictures af Alex Salmond in amusing scenarios, was so much more entertaining. 

I listen to the Angry Scotland podcasts, and he really comes across as naive and easily led. The lassie that is Malcolm Tucker on twitter is brilliant, she is coarse and rough as hell, but very passionate and intelligent about what is right, and also an independent Scotland, and being English. she is scathing to the anti English thoughts on both sides.

Another podcast I listen to, is The Guardian Football Weekly, they had a 6 month follow up to Bulgaria v England racist abuse which was pretty pathetic. I missed the guests names, but one of them said the UK or Englands racism was worse than Americas, in England racists will be nice to your face, then call you a black b or whatever later at home, in what way is that even remotely close to, let alone worse than being killed in America.  Its pathetic grandstanding IMO. I know what Id prefer, and Id pick being called a name behind my back, than being killed any day of the week.

31 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I think he said his account was suspended because of snp trans activists targeting it. I recall he said it was the most popular pro independence Twitter account and it was killed by the snp wokerati over GRA.

JK Rowling took absolute pelters last week. Her response is worth a read.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1270749170215903232

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I’ve had a few twitter accounts but always end up deleting them. It’s incredibly frustrating and toxic.

52 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’ve had a few twitter accounts but always end up deleting them. It’s incredibly frustrating and toxic.

Never thought Id agree with you completely 😉😂😂

23 hours ago, thplinth said:

This is what Cultural Marxism looks like.

I'd heard the term cultural Marxism before of course, but i only had a vague idea of what it was all about.

Thought i'd better google it, so i did. This article was the first result for my 'what is cultural marxism' search. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/19/cultural-marxism-a-uniting-theory-for-rightwingers-who-love-to-play-the-victim

I know i know thplinth, it's The Guardian, but have a read, i'd be interested in your thoughts.

This part stuck out for me...

"Like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, the theory was fabricated to order, for a special purpose: the institution and perpetuation of culture war. We can even nominate an author for this lunacy: William S Lind, a polymath of the American hard right, who sought to put rightwing activism on a new footing as the cold war drew to a close.

In the late 1980s, Lind wrote a couple of monographs arguing that there was an emerging mainstream political consensus on free-market economics (due in part to the “disarray” of the traditional social-democratic left), but that many Americans across the political spectrum were dismayed by the decline in traditional values, the family and middle-class life. If conflict with the left could be shifted to the ground of culture, there was a chance of binding the right and even claiming some socially conservative voters who had traditionally voted for the Democrats.

When the Berlin Wall fell, it was time for Lind’s strategy of “cultural conservatism” to become a central strategy for US Republicans: it identified a new kind of social enemy for the right to mobilise against. The changing parameters of economic debate and the beginning of American decline demanded that conservatives embrace a politics “centred more, not less, on cultural issues” – the family, education, crime and morality. The fairytale of cultural Marxism provided a post-communist adversary located specifically in the cultural realm – academics, Hollywood, journalists, civil rights activists and feminists. It has been a mainstay of conservative activism and rhetoric ever since.

While Lind has recently become a more marginal figure, his story of cultural Marxism has proved durable and useful across the spectrum of right-wing thought because it offers so much.

It allows those smarting from a loss of privilege to be offered the shroud of victimhood, by pointing to a shadowy, omnipresent, quasi-foreign elite who are attempting to destroy all that is good in the world. It offers an explanation for the decline of families, small towns, patriarchal authority, and unchallenged white power: a vast, century-long left wing conspiracy. And it distracts from the most important factor in these changes: capitalism, which demands mobility, whose crises have eroded living standards, and which thus, among other things, undermines the viability of conventional family structures and the traditional lifestyles that conservatives approve of.

The story of cultural Marxism is also flexible and can be tailored to fit with the obsessions of a range of right-wing actors. As such, it’s one example of an idea from the extremes which has been mobilised by more mainstream figures and has dragged politics as a whole a little further right."

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I love twitter tbh. 

I have a couple of accounts, one of them being a parody account of a (real) politician in my area. Everyone seems to think it's the actual guy tweeting, despite me clearing putting 'parody account' in the bio. It's followed by numerous Fine Gael politicians, all the way up to minister level. Even the official Fine Gael twitter account follows it FFS. :lol: