Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 165 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

23 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

It's been rebuked by  WSJ, NYT, BBC, Snopes amongst others and even Fox questioned the wisdom of his Tweet.  

All media outlets have their biases without doubt but OANN are on a completely different level:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Other journalists have to apply for slots at his question sessions - their chief reporter is there every day, regularly gets invited to raise a question and he Tweets his support for their news coverage over Fox.    

Great but why are you telling me? I see the tweet containing the second video clip does that hashtag thing to this OANN.  Is that it?

I would point out these are just two video clips. So you don't need anyone to debunk anything for you. You can watch them for yourself and see what you think. No one here can say for sure what he was doing. To my knowledge he was not arrested and his phone was not searched. So the only thing we can do is look at his behaviour prior to being pushed and ask ourselves if it seems odd in any way. If the answer is yes then it is legitimate to speculate as to what he might have been doing. How can Snopes or CNN or this blog or anyone know for sure other than the guy himself. None of them do, and none of us do either. 

Lastly all those sites you mention are as biased as anything you think this OANN is, probably worse. If that is where you are getting your trusted information then we are definitely not going to be on the same page on mostly everything. :lol:

Ciao for now.

13 minutes ago, phart said:

No one is "angered" here.

It's a public message board you're going to get demonstrably dumb information challenged, if you continually post stuff that can be easily challenged it will continously be challanged , now that might make it feel like folk are "going around fact checking" you but it's really just a function of the message board system when demonstrably wrong things are posted and isn't actually about the poster. It's about the information being posted.

It's not about you. I'm not sure how I can make you understand you're irrelevant to the information posted.

You're like Jude who thought she was being persectured cause she was a Christian as opposed to it actually being cause she was just posting nonsense.

If anything it elicits a bit of sadness from me that's about it.

How can you fact check something that you cant know. As I said you are tripping over yourself here. In reality you have fact checked fuck all.

As for the rest of your post, it seems a little angry despite what you say.

Peace to all. :lol:

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Great but why are you telling me? I see the tweet containing the second video clip does that hashtag thing to this OANN.  Is that it?

I would point out these are just two video clips. So you don't need anyone to debunk anything for you. You can watch them for yourself and see what you think. No one here can say for sure what he was doing. To my knowledge he was not arrested and his phone was not searched. So the only thing we can do is look at his behaviour prior to being pushed and ask ourselves if it seems odd in any way. If the answer is yes then it is legitimate to speculate as to what he might have been doing. How can Snopes or CNN or this blog or anyone know for sure other than the guy himself. None of them do, and none of us do either. 

Lastly all those sites you mention are as biased as anything you think this OANN is, probably worse. If that is where you are getting your trusted information then we are definitely not going to be on the same page on mostly everything. :lol:

Ciao for now.

Simply thought it might interest you, plus anyone else looking at it, that it has been challenged and is widely argued it did not stand up to much scrutiny.    

Appreciate the media in its entirety is pretty much bent one way or another but the teams here we have a Tweet from a heavily conservative group being run as gospel by OANN, fanatically pro-Trump, and then the president of USA Tweeting suspicions of scanning and him being terrorist solely on the back of that.  On the other side we have various news agencies reporting: his mate spoke to  him in hospital where he laughed at the accusations; police stating their traffic is readily available online; a report on his character which no doubt over-egged suggests he’s a decent bloke and; he’s an IT expert who would know you don’t need to stand three feet from police to block scanners.  I’m not really sure what the second video is supposed to show apart from the black bloke and white lass going mental at him whilst he seems pretty calm and collected.  What are they accusing him of?

We don’t know what he’s doing with his phone but it would seem more plausible he is taking photos.  If the police thought he was scanning or doing anything dodgy surely they’d have arrested him and/or confiscated the phone to  see what he was up to or the ‘app’ he had.  Instead they just left him with him bleeding as per their riot training. 

What we do know though is a septuagenarian retired IT peacenik guy is going to come out of hospital to accusations of being a terrorist from the President mainly on the premise he held his phone a bit funny. 

Well I think this is probably a good example of all this so called fact checking stuff. In this instance no one could possibly know but it was claimed that it had been debunked. Now you are rightly walking that back I see but you are still couching it in language that you know what really happened.

And that highlights the underlying problem (not talking specifically about you here TW). The idea that people on one part of the political spectrum can fact check others that they disagree with on a different part in an unbiased, fair and honest manner is laughable. The idea they are not partisan is laughable. We have all got skin in this game. The MSM are probably the people I would trust the least.

By all means if someone makes a mistake point it out but this is very obviously now just a tactic rather than an honest fact checking exercise. It sounds noble, fact checking eh who could argue with that, but in practice of course it is a bit underhand just like politics itself.

Anyway he seems to be all right. On that damn phone again... probably deleting all his apps (joke) :lol:

buffalo-protester-on-phone.jpg

zulu,zulu dawn=okay as 'baddies' got wipe out,rising damp,Ali G once the thought police move into gear there be pile of books burning outside schools and libraries

boston yesterday statue of columbus beheaded if any whites/hispanics involved i hope they understand the irony of that and their presence next up will be cancelling thanksgiving and use of the word mayflower

vikings watch out ! pyramids and colleseum on the built by slaves demo list next too

34 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well I think this is probably a good example of all this so called fact checking stuff. In this instance no one could possibly know but it was claimed that it had been debunked. Now you are rightly walking that back I see but you are still couching it in language that you know what really happened.

And that highlights the underlying problem (not talking specifically about you here TW). The idea that people on one part of the political spectrum can fact check others that they disagree with on a different part in an unbiased, fair and honest manner is laughable. The idea they are not partisan is laughable. We have all got skin in this game. The MSM are probably the people I would trust the least.

By all means if someone makes a mistake point it out but this is very obviously now just a tactic rather than an honest fact checking exercise. It sounds noble, fact checking eh who could argue with that, but in practice of course it is a bit underhand just like politics itself.

Anyway he seems to be all right. On that damn phone again... probably deleting all his apps (joke) :lol:

buffalo-protester-on-phone.jpg

Debunked is defined as 'expose the falseness or hollowness of (an idea or belief)' so don't think it was incorrectly used as the premise seems entirely hollow.  Haven't really backpedalled either as if the police had suspected at the time he was skimming him and his phone would have ended up being arrested.  Granted we don't know for a fact what's on his phone but we do know the police weren't interested in it.       

Bet he's not on the blower selling his story to OANN ;)

Edited by ThistleWhistle

40 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Debunked is defined as 'expose the falseness or hollowness of (an idea or belief)' so don't think it was incorrectly used as the premise seems entirely hollow.  Haven't really backpedalled either as if the police had suspected at the time he was skimming him and his phone would have ended up being arrested.  Granted we don't know for a fact what's on his phone but we do know the police weren't interested in it.       

But I don't think they suspected. I doubt these riot cops would really be aware of it. I for sure was not. So no we don't know that. 

46 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

How weird is it watching a jovial neo-Nazi gathering with the police in short sleeves chilling out in comparison to the race riots.  

I dont know for sure but from what ive read and seen on youtube but i think that video is 4 years old. There was a counter protest which dwarfed the kkk/inbred rally

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I dont know for sure but from what ive read and seen on youtube but i think that video is 4 years old. There was a counter protest which dwarfed the kkk/inbred rally

Yeah wasn't sure of the date either as its not clear from the comments but just thought it was interesting to watch given the last couple of weeks.  Just seeing how they're dressed and chilled out it is looks totally surreal. 

The other thing is the police have their backs predominantly to the neo-nazi's so it gives the impression they're protecting them.  This'll be down to the size of the counter demonstration no doubt but just thought it's genuinely a weird thing to watch after the last fortnight.   

2 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Yeah wasn't sure of the date either as its not clear from the comments but just thought it was interesting to watch given the last couple of weeks.  Just seeing how they're dressed and chilled out it is looks totally surreal. 

The other thing is the police have their backs predominantly to the neo-nazi's so it gives the impression they're protecting them.  This'll be down to the size of the counter demonstration no doubt but just thought it's genuinely a weird thing to watch after the last fortnight.   

Theres no doubt they were protecting the KKK nutters. Thats their job, protect every cunt regardless of their colour or religion.

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It was 4 years ago, wasn't spontaneous and all the relevant paper work was filled out beforehand. As you say was counter protested as well, everything pretty much done by the book and in line with rights etc.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

It was 4 years ago, wasn't spontaneous and all the relevant paper work was filled out beforehand. As you say was counter protested as well, everything pretty much done by the book and in line with rights etc.

Whatever you say about the Nazi's - their paperwork is usually spot on.  

Didn't think it was spontaneous but just thought it was quite interesting that a Neo-Nazi/ counter Neo-Nazi rally is so chilled out compared to the massive tear-up we've just seen.  We're in a really weird place just now.    

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

Whatever you say about the Nazi's - their paperwork is usually spot on.  

Didn't think it was spontaneous but just thought it was quite interesting that a Neo-Nazi/ counter Neo-Nazi rally is so chilled out compared to the massive tear-up we've just seen.  We're in a really weird place just now.    

Aye in that context the policing is defo more provocative now over there, it's getting more "occupying force" yearly it seems. The legal fall out from it will be ongoing for years let alone the social ramifications.

Even if Trump is voted out he's being replaced with Biden who might be clinically senile (amongst other undesirable things)... What a shit show.

Statue fights back.

I find it amusing that as soon as it happened somebody shouts "Medic" and three cops who were obviously just standing there doing nothing to stop the destruction instantly appear to wipe their collective arses. 

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Statue fights back.

I find it amusing that as soon as it happened somebody shouts "Medic" and three cops who were obviously just standing there doing nothing to stop the destruction instantly appear to wipe their collective arses. 

Where’s the health and safety officer