Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 159 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

8 hours ago, phart said:

The 57 men in the same team as the folk who pushed them have all resigned in protest at the two officers being investigated. Not their jobs just from the team they were a part of.

https://www.investigativepost.org/2020/06/05/police-unit-resigns-in-protest/

Folk speculating this is the real reason

Didn't the Union force the resignation by refusing to pay for protest-related legal fees?

The union representing Buffalo police officers told its rank and file members Friday that the union would no longer pay for legal fees to defend police officers related to the protests

The obvious question here is if they were only following orders and going by their training, then what were those orders and who issued them and what were they trained to do exactly.

Interesting that this squad was set up in the wake of the Ferguson riots. Ā Tends to suggest a response that is focused on dealing with rioters rather than addressing the reasons behind the riots, eg, people are rioting because of police brutality, therefore the police need to be more brutal to deal with rioters.Ā 

17 hours ago, aaid said:

I'm all in favour of Glasgow doing a lot more - well anything would be a start - to recognise the city's role in the slave trade.

That said, I'm sure they could come up with whole load of suggestions that are more appropriate and relevant.Ā  Ā  Bit of a stupid off-the-cuff remark from Ivan McKee as it distracts from the main thrust of his argument.

I remember going to Bristol about 10 years ago and being amazed at what they were doing there, at the same time you'f probably not got anyone in any position of power or authority to even admit there was anything to discuss..

Liverpool has its museums of Maritime History and International Slavery, and London has the Docklands Museum, which has a floor dedicated to that port's involvement in the slave trade.Ā 

Ideally Glasgow should have something similar but we have a poor track record of conserving our heritage, for good or bad.

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Liverpool has its museums of Maritime History and International Slavery, and London has the Docklands Museum, which has a floor dedicated to that port's involvement in the slave trade.Ā 

Ideally Glasgow should have something similar but we have a poor track record of conserving our heritage, for good or bad.

There's also a museum in Bristol as well. Ā An obvious location for one in Glasgow would be the old Royal Exchange building on Royal Exchange Square which currently holds the Gallery of Modern Art. Ā  It was originally built as the Glasgow townhouse of William Cunninghame who was one of the Tobacco Lords, so repurposing as a museum focussing on slavery & discrimination would represent an apt closing of the circle.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

The obvious question here is if they were only following orders and going by their training, then what were those orders and who issued them and what were they trained to do exactly.

Interesting that this squad was set up in the wake of the Ferguson riots. Ā Tends to suggest a response that is focused on dealing with rioters rather than addressing the reasons behind the riots, eg, people are rioting because of police brutality, therefore the police need to be more brutal to deal with rioters.Ā 

It's their bullshit training.

They're trained that the "frontline" must always be moving any obstruction to the "frontline" must be pushed and the "advance" is to continue regardless of situation. Hency why the guy who pushed then went to check was called back and everyone walked over the dude. It's a set of standards and practices that are being used completely out of context.

Ā 

28 minutes ago, phart said:

It's their bullshit training.

They're trained that the "frontline" must always be moving any obstruction to the "frontline" must be pushed and the "advance" is to continue regardless of situation. Hency why the guy who pushed then went to check was called back and everyone walked over the dude. It's a set of standards and practices that are being used completely out of context.

Ā 

I guess my point was why wasn't the obvious question being asked in the original article.

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

I guess my point was why wasn't the obvious question being asked in the original article.

Yeah I was just adding in what their training was. I imagine it's a mindset thing, "at war" etc. Dominate the battleground stuff rather than questioning why they're doing it in the first place.

Weird shit.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah I was just adding in what their training was. I imagine it's a mindset thing, "at war" etc. Dominate the battleground stuff rather than questioning why they're doing it in the first place.

Weird shit.

And while he feeds off that and exacerbates the situation that goes back a longer and is a lot deeper than Trump.. Ā Removing Trump isn't a solution in itselfĀ but arguably it can't be solved with Trump - or someone like him - in power.Ā 

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

And while he feeds off that and exacerbates the situation that goes back a longer and is a lot deeper than Trump.. Ā Removing Trump isn't a solution in itselfĀ but arguably it can't be solved with Trump - or someone like him - in power.Ā 

This did happenĀ in a Democrat run city in a Democrat run state.Ā 

Trump has gone from a shoo-in to a shooglyĀ peg. But then I remember who he is up against...

I see this creepy weirdo cunt is now stalking my every post. AgentĀ of the kremlin, nazi... what an arsehole.Ā :lol:

3 hours ago, aaid said:

There's also a museum in Bristol as well. Ā An obvious location for one in Glasgow would be the old Royal Exchange building on Royal Exchange Square which currently holds the Gallery of Modern Art. Ā  It was originally built as the Glasgow townhouse of William Cunninghame who was one of the Tobacco Lords, so repurposing as a museum focussing on slavery & discrimination would represent an apt closing of the circle.

Aye, that would be apt.Ā 

I used to think the old Custom House building would've been a good location for a museum, for no particular reason other than it was a nice old building that wasn't being used, but since it's now gone to wrack and ruin (most probably to be demolished for a hotel or student flats) its surely no longer suitable.

44 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UberEats/status/1268643816292020224

Wow, if you wanted to create even more division between races, thats one great way to do it

Thats racist as fuck, and should see theĀ companyĀ banned from Twitter.

Imagine a white owned list, it would get absolutely panned, and. rightly so.

Edited by kumnio

4 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

I donā€™t suppose any Ā celebrities will be going to David Dorns funeral or even protesting about his deathĀ 

Seems so. Black lives matter but only when killed by a cop or a white person.

If a black person does it then not a peep from the outraged and they do not matter at all.Ā 

In fact they are annoyed at it being raised and have a problem with highlighting who the perpetrators are. Think about that.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Has anyone been paying much attention to the US presidential race?Ā 

I havent till today, biden seems just as fucking stupid as trumpy boy.

Biden appears to have some cognitive decline and is a bit of a creep, not that Iā€™ve been paying attention to the race.Ā 

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Has anyone been paying much attention to the US presidential race?Ā 

I havent till today, biden seems just as fucking stupid as trumpy boy.

He is worse than Trump.

Even allowing for the various doctored videos doing the rounds, Ā he. doesn't come across very well. If they have televised debates, they really could be like a Fast Show or Little Britain skit. Two docile demented oldĀ men shouting nonsenseĀ at the moderator.

TheĀ Dems have fucked up badly.