Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 158 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

9 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Bringing up other incidents is absolutely a deflection away from the case in point.

Including where I’ve highlighted police brutality?

You have avoided what I asked by deflecting yourself. So you’re speaking shite. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The charge against chaivin is killed him without intent in the course of committing assault., thats where I go the part in bold from. Its not strange its what he is charged with accoring to CNN.

You have definitely misinterpreted my posts because I haven't been close to comparing looting and rioting to murder nor have I suggest this makes up for years of systematic racism. With respect, you have me totally wrong 👍 

Fair enough. Apologies for that then.

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Not when the point being made is that the police have a general problem with brutalising citizens that cuts across all races.

But which also disproportionally impacts blacks more than any other group.   Maybe there's a couple of underlying problems here.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Including where I’ve highlighted police brutality?

You have avoided what I asked by deflecting yourself. So you’re speaking shite. 

Aye, including that. Especially that in fact. The protests/riots/whatever are about police brutality against black people. Showing us how they're also brutal to others shouldn't take away from the validity of the current protest but that's what posts like yours do, whether you mean them to or not.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

But which also disproportionally impacts blacks more than any other group. 

Indeed.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Maybe there's a couple of underlying problems here.

Aye, that would be my take.

We've heard about the militarisation of the police. I also wonder about the folk the US police recruit. Are the guys carrying out all this brutality all former army veterans with PTSD?

Civilians in Fallujah probably had it easier! :blink:

2 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Aye, including that. Especially that in fact. The protests/riots/whatever are about police brutality against black people. Showing us how they're also brutal to others shouldn't take away from the validity of the current protest but that's what posts like yours do, whether you mean them to or not.

I haven’t mentioned anything about police brutality to whatever groups of people, I’ve just posted about police brutality. You’re obsessed by the race issue though. Clearly we aren’t going to agree and you’re seeing what you want to. 

Crack on with it. 

18 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Indeed.

Aye, that would be my take.

We've heard about the militarisation of the police. I also wonder about the folk the US police recruit. Are the guys carrying out all this brutality all former army veterans with PTSD?

Civilians in Fallujah probably had it easier! :blink:

Front line police will be exposed to a lot of aggression as well, I’ve seen nurses assaulted and when they return to work they can either be timid or OTT when faced with aggression again. Not an excuse for police but some context into how they might operate. 

4 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Just hearing on the radio Glasgow is thinking about naming a street after George Floyd. 
FFS, what an absolute cringe. Naming a street after a man with an appalling criminal background like his. 

I'm all in favour of Glasgow doing a lot more - well anything would be a start - to recognise the city's role in the slave trade.

That said, I'm sure they could come up with whole load of suggestions that are more appropriate and relevant.    Bit of a stupid off-the-cuff remark from Ivan McKee as it distracts from the main thrust of his argument.

I remember going to Bristol about 10 years ago and being amazed at what they were doing there, at the same time you'f probably not got anyone in any position of power or authority to even admit there was anything to discuss..

37 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Just hearing on the radio Glasgow is thinking about naming a street after George Floyd. 
FFS, what an absolute cringe. Naming a street after a man with an appalling criminal background like his. 

Didnt you get the memo?your not allowed to question any of this. now kneel down,self flagellate and repeat after me ; i am part of the white privilege, i am a racist

1 minute ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

Didnt you get the memo?your not allowed to question any of this. now kneel down,self flagellate and repeat after me ; i am part of the white privilege, i am a racist

I don’t want to keep saying it but tonight I’ll sit with a black guy in the pub and listen to him tear into these animals ripping apart folks property. Battering the fuck out of innocent women along the way. He hates these cunts. Now, if I say that I’m labelled as you say a racist with white privilege. 

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Come on now, you're the one throwing up all these other incidents as some way of justifying what Derek Chauvin did, don't try and cast your whataboutery onto others.

Come on now? You endorse violence against totally innocent people. Whatever your logic is here it is totally fucked if that is your conclusion. So what do I care what you think. Garbage in, garbage out. 

You are still totally unable to condemn it aren't you? Amazing.

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

I’ve seen that, I suppose technically he did trip, that’s what the lawyer will argue. It’s just a positive that so many things are caught on camera now. 

After this dies down, the American Police system needs some overhaul. A good percentage of them need sacked or jailed, but that simply won’t happen. 

The 57 men in the same team as the folk who pushed them have all resigned in protest at the two officers being investigated. Not their jobs just from the team they were a part of.

https://www.investigativepost.org/2020/06/05/police-unit-resigns-in-protest/

Folk speculating this is the real reason

Didn't the Union force the resignation by refusing to pay for protest-related legal fees?

The union representing Buffalo police officers told its rank and file members Friday that the union would no longer pay for legal fees to defend police officers related to the protests

Edited by phart

Trump reckons george flloyd would be happy at the unemoloyment numbers in murica. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Doesnt he have advisers to tell him not to say stoopid shit?

Edited by vanderark14