Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 139 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Terrifying watching the video of the missile hitting the Ukrainian 737.

Dozens of families left bereaved thanks to Trump's shit stirring. 

We'll see how it turns out but I'd be a bit cautious believing the missile claims at this point. Apparently the plane was on fire for a minute and a half and the pilot was returning to the airport when it went down. Plus Iran has half decent air defenses so I think its unlikely they would confuse a commercial jet, that had just taken off and was still close to the airport, deep inside the country, as a hostile aircraft. They would have shot it down nearer their borders if so. Also the way all the western media jumped on the missile claim almost immediately makes me a little suspicious. It does not really add up.

Iran’s civil aviation chief has rejected as “illogical rumors" reports that the Ukrainian plane that crashed south of the capital Tehran was hit by missiles.

Head of Iran Civil Aviation Organization Ali Abedzadeh made the remarks in an exclusive interview with Press TV on Thursday, adding, "From a scientific viewpoint, it is impossible that a missile hit the Ukrainian plane."

“The plane caught fire three minutes into the flight, according to what the witnesses have reported and the data collected from the parts of the airplane,” Abedzadeh told Press TV.

“The pilot tried to return the airplane at the altitude of 8,000 ft., but due to the fire, the airplane crashed and exploded,” he added.

“We can say that the airplane, considering the kind of the crash and the pilot’s efforts to return it to Imam Khomeini airport, didn’t explode in the air. So, the allegation that it was hit by missiles is totally ruled out,” the official noted.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/01/09/615769/Iran-plane-crash-Ukraine-

But then there is the timing of it... 

edit: I'll bet Boeing are praying it was a missile. 

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

“The plane caught fire three minutes into the flight, according to what the witnesses have reported and the data collected from the parts of the airplane,” Abedzadeh told Press TV.

“The pilot tried to return the airplane at the altitude of 8,000 ft., but due to the fire, the airplane crashed and exploded,” he added.

“We can say that the airplane, considering the kind of the crash and the pilot’s efforts to return it to Imam Khomeini airport, didn’t explode in the air. So, the allegation that it was hit by missiles is totally ruled out,” the official noted.

"Totally ruled out"......Does he think planes hit by missiles just explode in the air, completely destroying the target?

17 hours ago, thplinth said:

So why do this? Participate in taking the thread well off topic replying to people whose only interest is trying to take you down in some tedious verbal trap. This has been going on for a while now. Rubber them, they are boring. They are all mad neocons anyway... maybe not a coincidence.

I don’t think I’m taking it off topic, it’s all relevant. I’ll disagree with aaid but he’s not a necon either. Although I get what you’re saying. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

The missles explode next to the target showering it with shrapnel, they don't collide with the plane.

Another plane had a fire in Israel yesterday. Same type of plane

"The national carrier Rwandair has dismissed reports of an engine fire on one of its planes in Tel Aviv, Israel on Wednesday, saying that it was a tailpipe fire –a usually common incident in aviation which is caused by unburnt fuel.

The airline responded to social media reports which claimed that there was a fire engine on its plane B737-800 NG from Tel Aviv to Kigali, saying that it was a small incident which delayed the flight temporarily but it later took off and arrived in Kigali safely.

“There is false information circulating about an “engine fire” on one of our aircraft. WB 503 from Tel Aviv to Kigali yesterday experienced a tailpipe fire while on the ground. This is a common occurrence caused by unburnt fuel in the exhaust nozzle of the engine,”

Ukraine also pressed a couple of times for the evidence and haven't received it yet.

The weird thing for me is looks like the Iranians are just clearing up the site getting rid of materials etc, which is exactly what was done at the WTC after 9/11 and the Murrah building in OKC, so interesting to see what folk will say this means, as we can extrapolate that back to other cases.

Edited by phart

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think I’m taking it off topic, it’s all relevant. I’ll disagree with aaid but he’s not a necon either. Although I get what you’re saying. 

It is off topic in the sense they are not really interested in discussing the topic. Instead we get all this cross examination crap... explain this word, what do you mean by that, can you expand on this... just hoping you make a misstep. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

It is off topic in the sense they are not really interested in discussing the topic. Instead we get all this cross examination crap... explain this word, what do you mean by that, can you expand on this... just hoping you make a misstep. 

Yeah, we can' t be having any of that on a discussion board.

Sort yersels out you two 😍

This is strange though if not a coincidental accident.   i.e why?

If shot down, they it was close to the airport and at only 8000ft (or did it drop back down to there before breaking up?), so would have been targetted from inside Iran (I think).   Who would do that?

An airliner is a large soft target, but is 8,000ft not beyond simple portable ground-to-air systems?   My ultra-suspicious mind (after a few years on here) thinks however, that there was someone was on the plane whom someone wanted rid of.   Been done before (in Africa was it?).   Or a general put-off for any engineers thinking of working in Iran.

Just speculation in the absence of facts.

52 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Iranians confirming it was shot down. With the assassinations, the crush and the plane that is some week.

Aye just seeing that.

Glad Iran have admitted it if tht's the conclusion of the investigation, the first casualty of war is the truth.

Fucking tradgey :(

Edited by phart

I could not figure out how they could shoot down a plane in the air corridor just after taking off from the airport. Watching a bit of RT there and they were saying the plane turned and left the corridor for some reason and dropped down in height. The plane had some reported problems with the radar & communication equipment and they speculated that the pilot was trying to return to the airport while it was still visible. At that point the plane was out of the corridor and approaching some sensitive military installation and was shot down as everyone was on a hair trigger expecting US air strikes in retaliation. We will see...

Edited by thplinth

On 1/7/2020 at 11:47 AM, vanderark14 said:

Trump knows exactly what he has done. He wants to create mayhem in the middle east.

I think you might be right if this is true...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/deeper-story-behind-assassination-soleimani/5700117

Days after the assassination of General Qasem Soleimani, new and important information is coming to light from a speech given by the Iraqi prime minister. The story behind Soleimani’s assassination seems to go much deeper than what has thus far been reported, involving Saudi Arabia and China as well the U.S. dollar’s role as the global reserve currency.

The Iraqi prime minister, Adil Abdul-Mahdi, has revealed details of his interactions with Trump in the weeks leading up to Soleimani’s assassination in a speech to the Iraqi parliament. He tried to explain several times on live television how Washington had been browbeating him and other Iraqi members of parliament to toe the American line, even threatening to engage in false-flag sniper shootings of both protesters and security personnel in order to inflame the situation, recalling similar modi operandi seen in Cairo in 2009, Libya in 2011, and Maidan in 2014. The purpose of such cynicism was to throw Iraq into chaos.

Here is the reconstruction of the story:

[Speaker of the Council of Representatives of Iraq] Halbousi attended the parliamentary session while almost none of the Sunni members did. This was because the Americans had learned that Abdul-Mehdi was planning to reveal sensitive secrets in the session and sent Halbousi to prevent this. Halbousi cut Abdul-Mehdi off at the commencement of his speech and then asked for the live airing of the session to be stopped. After this, Halbousi together with other members, sat next to Abdul-Mehdi, speaking openly with him but without it being recorded. This is what was discussed in that session that was not broadcast: 

Abdul-Mehdi spoke angrily about how the Americans had ruined the country and now refused to complete infrastructure and electricity grid projects unless they were promised 50% of oil revenues, which Abdul-Mehdi refused.

The complete (translated) words of Abdul-Mahdi’s speech to parliament:

This is why I visited China and signed an important agreement with them to undertake the construction instead. Upon my return, Trump called me to ask me to reject this agreement. When I refused, he threatened to unleash huge demonstrations against me that would end my premiership.

Huge demonstrations against me duly materialized and Trump called again to threaten that if I did not comply with his demands, then he would have Marine snipers on tall buildings target protesters and security personnel alike in order to pressure me.

I refused again and handed in my resignation. To this day the Americans insist on us rescinding our deal with the Chinese.

After this, when our Minister of Defense publicly stated that a third party was targeting both protestors and security personnel alike (just as Trump had threatened he would do), I received a new call from Trump threatening to kill both me and the Minister of Defense if we kept on talking about this “third party”.

Nobody imagined that the threat was to be applied to General Soleimani, but it was difficult for Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi to reveal the weekslong backstory behind the terrorist attack.

I was supposed to meet him [Soleimani] later in the morning when he was killed. He came to deliver a message from Iran in response to the message we had delivered to the Iranians from the Saudis.

We can surmise, judging by Saudi Arabia’s reaction, that some kind of negotiation was going on between Tehran and Riyadh:

The Kingdom’s statement regarding the events in Iraq stresses the Kingdom’s view of the importance of de-escalation to save the countries of the region and their people from the risks of any escalation.

Above all, the Saudi Royal family wanted to let people know immediately that they had not been informed of the U.S. operation:

The kingdom of Saudi Arabia was not consulted regarding the U.S. strike. In light of the rapid developments, the Kingdom stresses the importance of exercising restraint to guard against all acts that may lead to escalation, with severe consequences.

And to emphasize his reluctance for war, Mohammad bin Salman sent a delegation to the United States. Liz Sly, the Washington Post Beirut bureau chief, tweated:

Saudi Arabia is sending a delegation to Washington to urge restraint with Iran on behalf of [Persian] Gulf states. The message will be: ‘Please spare us the pain of going through another war’.

What clearly emerges is that the success of the operation against Soleimani had nothing to do with the intelligence gathering of the U.S. or Israel. It was known to all and sundry that Soleimani was heading to Baghdad in a diplomatic capacity that acknowledged Iraq’s efforts to mediate a solution to the regional crisis with Saudi Arabia.

Again if this is a true account from the Iraqi PM who just resigned it looks like they killed Soleimani to stop peace breaking out.  And what a way to poison the well, use the diplomatic mission he was on (in response to a Saudi request to deescalate the tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran) as the opportunity to assassinate him... making the Saudis look like they set him up of course and set the whole region off again.  

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

I think you might be right if this is true...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/deeper-story-behind-assassination-soleimani/5700117

Again if this is a true account from the Iraqi PM who just resigned it looks like they killed Soleimani to stop peace breaking out.  And what a way to poison the well, use the diplomatic mission he was on (in response to a Saudi request to deescalate the tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran) as the opportunity to assassinate him... making the Saudis look like they set him up of course and set the whole region off again.  

perpetual war is the golden goose. Balkinisation of the Arab/Persian world with perpetual conflict a stated aim as well.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:12 AM, thplinth said:

Aye probably but it’s hard to discuss topics like this and just abandon things you believe 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...