Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 128 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

D8SY8kWXUAEvUw5.jpg:large

What a stupid fucking cunt.

Totally insincere apology IMO. Worried now about the consequences no doubt and trying damage limitation. Watch the footage again and concentrate on her face - breaks into a broad smile / laugh when he gets assaulted. Before that she is the main person screaming nazi scum in the guy's face. He is a grandfather apparently so I am think he must be fairly old. Vile.

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Easy to dehumanise someone when you label them as a nazi 

I have been saying it a while. The reason they are going around calling people nazis is because it enables violence, it 'legitimizes' violence in some peoples' heads. It is the most disgusting political tactic I have ever witnessed and it is a major alarm bell for me. They are the 'enemy within' not that guy.  

Edited by thplinth

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I have been saying it a while. The reason they are going around calling people nazis is because it enables violence, it 'legitimizes' violence in some peoples' heads. It is the most disgusting political tactic I have ever witnessed and it is a major alarm bell for me. They are the 'enemy within' not that guy.  

Aye mind a few years ago debating with a left winger on social media about the punching of Richard Spencer and how violence unless in self defence is never justified. But since Spencer was a nazi he was fair game.  

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

See when Theresa May goes abroad is there any people in the crowd that are Theresa May supporters ?

Point being - Why is there supporters of a foreign leader in this country ?

Weird situation isn't it 

On the Scotland Tonight programme last night a guy was on from 'the newly formed organisation - Trump UK'. Presenter never even asked how that organisation came about. 

47 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

On the Scotland Tonight programme last night a guy was on from 'the newly formed organisation - Trump UK'. Presenter never even asked how that organisation came about. 

Exactly 

There is obviously a reason for this but no doubt if i was to suggest it's because he is a beacon (rightly or wrongly) to dubious characters with extreme agendas i'd be wrong ...

I keep seeing and hearing that POTUS Donald Trump is a liar, he’s not to be trusted and all the rest of it but he makes a claim about the NHS and suddenly he speaks the gospel truth

Some people will believe anything if it suits their agenda 

Edited by UpTheSlope

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

D8SY8kWXUAEvUw5.jpg:large

What a stupid fucking cunt.

Not sure that guy's entirely innocent in all this.  He seems to be something of a provocateur, footage kicking around of him at earlier demos.

Of course the idiot that "milkshaked" him gave them exactly what he was looking for.

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

I'm guessing you don't need to look too closely in that membership list to find some dodgy individuals.

2 hours ago, UpTheSlope said:

I keep seeing and hearing that POTUS Donald Trump is a liar, he’s not to be trusted and all the rest of it but he makes a claim about the NHS and suddenly he speaks the gospel truth

Some people will believe anything if it suits their agenda 

" The IEA is one of the UK’s most influential think tanks. Its representatives regularly appear on the media, advocating everything from privatising healthcare to opposing minimum pricing on alcohol"

" With several Tory leadership contenders sympathetic to its ideology, the Institute of Economic Affairs is closer to power than it has been for decades. In an exclusive investigation, Jonathan Gornall reveals how the organisation is funded by British American Tobacco and has links with senior conservative ministers. After orchestrating a series of attacks on public health initiatives, the IEA may now hold the key to No 10"

https://www.bmj.com/content/365/bmj.l2164.abstract

In May 2019, 32 Conservative MPs were named as linked financially, directly or indirectly, to the IEA and 18 Conservative MPs were named as having received funding or gifts from IEA trustee Michael Hintze. From 2010 until his appointment as health secretary in July 2018, Matt Hancock MP received a total of £32,000 from Neil Record, who joined the IEA board of trustees in 2008 and became its chair in 2015.[3] The BMJ reported:

”Hancock did not respond directly to The BMJ’s request to confirm whether he had been aware that the IEA was funded by a tobacco company when he accepted donations from the chair of the institute’s trustees. A spokesperson said only that ‘all donations have been declared in line with parliamentary regulations

https://www.tobaccotactics.org/index.php/Institute_of_Economic_Affairs

51 minutes ago, phart said:

" The IEA is one of the UK’s most influential think tanks. Its representatives regularly appear on the media, advocating everything from privatising healthcare to opposing minimum pricing on alcohol"

" With several Tory leadership contenders sympathetic to its ideology, the Institute of Economic Affairs is closer to power than it has been for decades. In an exclusive investigation, Jonathan Gornall reveals how the organisation is funded by British American Tobacco and has links with senior conservative ministers. After orchestrating a series of attacks on public health initiatives, the IEA may now hold the key to No 10"

https://www.bmj.com/content/365/bmj.l2164.abstract

In May 2019, 32 Conservative MPs were named as linked financially, directly or indirectly, to the IEA and 18 Conservative MPs were named as having received funding or gifts from IEA trustee Michael Hintze. From 2010 until his appointment as health secretary in July 2018, Matt Hancock MP received a total of £32,000 from Neil Record, who joined the IEA board of trustees in 2008 and became its chair in 2015.[3] The BMJ reported:

”Hancock did not respond directly to The BMJ’s request to confirm whether he had been aware that the IEA was funded by a tobacco company when he accepted donations from the chair of the institute’s trustees. A spokesperson said only that ‘all donations have been declared in line with parliamentary regulations

https://www.tobaccotactics.org/index.php/Institute_of_Economic_Affairs

Not just the IEA and not just big tobacco I'd guess, Adam Smith Institute and Tax Payers Alliance are similarly very untransparent when it comes to their funding.

There's also connections between these think tanks and the Farage/Aaron Banks Brexit group. 

Edited by aaid

1 hour ago, phart said:

It's all cultish identity politics from both sides. Partisans that have an enemy.

Is that really your synopsis of that incident? A baying mob surrounds an old geezer screaming in his face before assaulting him? Fuck me.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Not just the IEA and not just big tobacco I'd guess, Adam Smith Institute and Tax Payers Alliance are similarly very untransparent when it comes to their funding.

There's also connections between these think tanks and the Farage/Aaron Banks Brexit group. 

Yeah ofc, I was just speaking to nhs getting split up and sold off.

We know that you can send 1000's of small donations and keep off the RADAR.

I was sure that i posted the video of the Brexit woman calling the Tory Brexiteer a traitor outside Parliament but cant find it

Anyway she went into the crowd filming herself again, stabbed the Trump balloon, cut herself and was arrested for carrying an offensive weapon

50 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Is that really your synopsis of that incident? A baying mob surrounds an old geezer screaming in his face before assaulting him? Fuck me.

It was a general overview of the two sides.

on one side you have someone who identifies as an "intersectionist" so you know they are an authoritarian arsehole and not even left-wing.

Then you have some random who went down to debate so " 'We have to put forward how aggressive the left can be - it's not us, you know if they want to call me right wing because I'm supporting Trump then I must be right wing, but I'm not a racist.'

and that " 'This is the democratically elected president of the free world "

'Some of them started calling us fascists, and we was telling 'em you're the fascists protesting against a democratically elected president of the free world'

You're quite welcome to rush into the partisan politics of divide and conquer. I have no time for either side.

Edited by phart

6 minutes ago, phart said:

on one side you have someone who identifies as an "intersectionist" so you know they are an authoritarian arsehole and not even left-wing.

Then you have some random who went down to debate so " 'We have to put forward how aggressive the left can be - it's not us, you know if they want to call me right wing because I'm supporting Trump then I must be right wing, but I'm not a racist.'

'Some of them started calling us fascists, and we was telling 'em you're the fascists protesting against a democratically elected president of the free world'

You're quite welcome to rush into the partisan politics of divide and conquer. I have no time for either side.

Aye that’s how I see it. 

The ironic thing is both sides have a lot in common, especially in terms of authoritarian as you say. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye that’s how I see it. 

The ironic thing is both sides have a lot in common, especially in terms of authoritarian as you say. 

Both sides of the same authoritarian coin.

Explaining his support for the President, the man said: "Because he's done more than he said he was going to do for America."

He added: "He's true to his word when he said he wants to make America great again."

Funnily enough everything this guy said is now being used to hammer Corbyn cause he gave a "firebrand" speech against Trump.

reeks of manipulation to me.

The nurse is just another hate-filled intersectionist like a carbon copy of all the rest. Then add in mob psychology and you have that incident. I saw a worse one where a much older gentleman got pushed to the ground, but in the background it's American accents so not sure what happened.

Edited by phart

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Partisan politics? WTF are you talking about. A mob surrounded an old bloke by himself and assaulted and bullied the fuck out of him for his political views. If you cant condemn that you are more partisan than you could ever realize.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Just googling on chlorine washed chicken and this report from the Adam Smith Institute popped up saying that there's nothing wrong with it, funny that.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56eddde762cd9413e151ac92/t/59747741bf629a8e3d01a494/1500804930480/Chlorinated+Chicken.pdf

"Adults would need to eat 5% of their bodyweight in chlorinated chicken each day to be at risk of ill health from poultry alone."

I'm surprised they went with such a low figure. I'm pretty sure some Americans have a good go at that. :lol:

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Partisan politics? WTF are you talking about. A mob surrounded an old bloke by himself and assaulted and bullied the fuck out of him for his political views. If you cant condemn that you are more partisan than you could ever realize.

That's not what happened though. Before I answered your post i went and read everything I could find and watched a couple of videos.

He was there with a mate and a group of Trump supporters and had been for a while debating the protestors.

" According to a Reuters photographer at the scene, the incident started with the pro- and anti-Trump groups chanting at each other."

Now having watched a much longer video, he flings a cup in an even older mans face and tries to kick someone waving bye bye to him.

Not sure why this incident is getting so much ire, when an actual really old guy got put on his arse by Anti-Trump supporters.

Ofc folk shouldn't be attacking each other in the streets, but it's crazy crazy time. You're being led by not having all the information.