Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Think it will be far too late to stay up for the results. (old fogey habits developing). Will watch for an hour or four longer and then wake up blissfully innocent like christmas morning to see what mad santa has left the world.

Edited by thplinth

Sad to see that the Dilbert cartoon guy has said that since he said he thought trump would win (a year ago) his public speaking engagements have dried up from three+ gigs a week to almost nothing all year... Says it will cost him 40% of if his annual income. He did not even back Trump's policies he just said he thought he would win based on his persuasion skills. He never said it but I got the feeling he would now not get involved given the chance to play it again with hindsight.

Strangely I get the same feeling from Trump. I think if he had know how bad this would have been he would have not run. I think he has been genuinely shocked by it. I know I am. 

Sadly there are some whanks in this world and on this thread who are determined to make the conversation personal rather than about the subject. They are corrosive little khunts best ignored i find.

By the way Ally (while we are killing time) the John Oliver guy you introduced me to earlier on in this thread is a total phrick. I have seen him a few times now (only for a few minutes at a time due his radiation like unbearableness). How did this fhud end up a star in the USA?

Also do you not see how he is a total Ben Elton rip off?! He looks like him, sounds like him and his delivery is the same. I watched him the first time and wondered if he was a comedy tribute act to Elton.

Thought his show you posted was shit too. Not comedy just a scripted slag off of people he does not like. (Bit like Ben Elton.) 

Other than that hope all is well. 

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

By the way Ally (while we are killing time) the John Oliver guy you introduced me to earlier on in this thread is a total phrick. I have seen him a few times now (only for a few minutes at a time due his radiation like unbearableness). How did this fhud end up a star in the USA?

Also do you not see how he is a total Ben Elton rip off?! He looks like him, sounds like him and his delivery is the same. I watched him the first time and wondered if he was a comedy tribute act to Elton.

Thought his show you posted was shit too. Not comedy just a scripted slag off of people he does not like. (Bit like Ben Elton.) 

Was a big fan of the show until the election coverage dominated most episodes. Ironically some of their finest work was on the many flaws in the US justice system, started by Bill Clinton, drones by Obama and the lack of democracy in American politics. Despite all this Clinton has basically had a free ride on the show. 

26 minutes ago, thplinth said:

:lol:

Aye i only think i could take small doses of him if im being honest - his rants on Trump went viral which is the only reason i posted them

He was rather favourable to the Scottish Independence campaign and had a couple of rants at Bitter Together so he is not all bad

I guess if you agree with any of his diatribes or are neutral on the issue you will find it funny(ish) - if not you wont

Ps - I always hated that cvnt Ben Elton and could never watch him

Edited by Ally Bongo

Aye looks as though Clinton has won from the markets - however we seen how they were influenced during the EU referendum and were bang wrong

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Looks like Clinton will win Florida and Ohio, so game over.

latest i saw it was neck and neck in Florida, literally same percentage.

After 60.2% of voting districts

Clinton
48.5%

Trump
48.5%

Edited by phart