Home Games - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Home Games

sod2012

Why is that when we are at home the atmosphere seems strained, but when we are out of the country all we want to is sing an drink and have the best party ever, we need to bring this to the home games and get behind the team.

I took mybwifebto her first away game in Germany and she loved it but her first words to me was why don't we make this noise at home!!!

I as a tartan army member sees where she is coming from, we are the best fans in the world for a reason let's turn the home games into a party the way we make away games alba gu brath!!

The only way to achieve that is to start playing home games in North East Scotland where all the proper fans come from.

We've been let down by those in the Central belt too many times over the years.

eh in what stadium in the north east i agree the atmosphere is pish at home games but i dont think the atmosphere would be any better anywhere else . Games are played in the central belt because thats where the biggest stadiums that can accomodate the crowds are.

Why is that when we are at home the atmosphere seems strained, but when we are out of the country all we want to is sing an drink and have the best party ever, we need to bring this to the home games and get behind the team.

I took mybwifebto her first away game in Germany and she loved it but her first words to me was why don't we make this noise at home!!!

I as a tartan army member sees where she is coming from, we are the best fans in the world for a reason let's turn the home games into a party the way we make away games alba gu brath!!

Are you for real? Any team's away support is noisier than their home support, as it's the more 'hardcore' fans all packed into a much smaller space and probably with a lot more alcohol consumed.

i agree the atmosphere is pish at home games

The atmosphere's been pish at home games because we've mostly been shite for the past 15 years. Anyone who was at Holland '03, any of the '08 qualifying home games, or Italy or Spain more recently will confirm that when we've got a team to shout about, we shout. This campaign will be a rollercoaster but a raucous one with WGS in charge and a team doing the business on the park (and a cheeky wee Yes vote tomorrow wouldn't do any harm).