Galloway Wants To Be A Scots Mp Again - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Galloway Wants To Be A Scots Mp Again

Apologies for posting a link to the Record but when is this moron going accept that his time is up ?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/political-firebrand-george-galloway-targets-7172917

POLITICAL firebrand George Galloway has targeted Monklands as a possible destination for a return to Scottish Labour.

The controversial former Glasgow MP is eyeing a role as the party’s candidate for Airdrie or Coatbridge to challenge what he calls a “vulnerable” Scottish National Party.

Mr Galloway was expelled from Labour back in 2003 by then-Prime Minister Tony Blair after encouraging British troops to defy orders during the Iraq war.

But current Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has refused to rule out a return to frontline politics for the former Respect Party MP.

Mr Galloway told the website politics.co.uk: “If someone proposed a role in Scotland which satisfied me and Labour I would definitely look at it.

“The east end of Glasgow or Coatbridge and Airdrie would be great for me if the circumstances were right.

“Given the state of the opinion polls in Scotland and the impact of the ‘Just Say Naw’ (referendum tour) in the Scottish Labour heartlands, I’m a little surprised they’re not walking the 500 miles just to lay down such a proposal at my door.

“Labour needs to start being Labour again, as we won’t win a contest of out-nationalising a nationalist party.

“I believe the SNP are far more vulnerable than their current electoral domination suggests.”

But a senior Scottish Labour source loyal to Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale was reported as saying: “Mr Galloway shouldn’t wait by the letter box for any invitation.”

Ego maniac, nothing in that piece suggests he'd be doing it for the people

And don't forget he's going to be elected London mayor by a landslide according to him - despite his campaign being in severe financial difficulty.

I hate to come across all "armchair psychologist" - but he surely has some kind of serious mental complex that needs treatment.

maybe he just heard of the extra investment in mental health up here ?

I was speaking to a mental health nurse in Glasgow today (no jokes please), just 5 minutes before meeting Baby Cove and Wolfie for lunch. She was rather disgusted that the Scottish Government cut the mental health budget by £80m a year at the cost of jobs and putting vulnerable people at risk, only to later reverse the cuts under the fanfare of additional investment without a mention of the campaigners who worked tirelessly to reverse them.

Another example of expedience from our horrible government. :(

I was speaking to a mental health nurse in Glasgow today (no jokes please), just 5 minutes before meeting Baby Cove and Wolfie for lunch. She was rather disgusted that the Scottish Government cut the mental health budget by £80m a year at the cost of jobs and putting vulnerable people at risk, only to later reverse the cuts under the fanfare of additional investment without a mention of the campaigners who worked tirelessly to reverse them.

The worlds most ridiculous freedom fighter, fights for everyone's freedom except his own country's!

GTF George.

Behave!

Not sure what I'm meant to be behaving with there person4...

Either they're telling us both to behave for unknown reasons, or they mistakenly thought you were telling me to GTF... The Admin will likely be aware that Gorgeous and I share a name.

Either they're telling us both to behave for unknown reasons, or they mistakenly thought you were telling me to GTF... The Admin will likely be aware that Gorgeous and I share a name.

Does this mean you've been lying about your Gorgeousnessment all along?

She's not happy that she got what she wanted. I'm sure the people campaigning weren't doing it for any self promotion. No pleasing some people.

She's not happy that she got what she wanted. I'm sure the people campaigning weren't doing it for any self promotion. No pleasing some people.

Ideally there wouldn't be any need for campaigning in the first place.

I know from mates that mental health funding is always under threat from the government.

Mr Galloway told the website politics.co.uk: “If someone proposed a role in Scotland which satisfied me and Labour I would definitely look at it.

“Given the state of the opinion polls in Scotland and the impact of the ‘Just Say Naw’ (referendum tour) in the Scottish Labour heartlands, I’m a little surprised they’re not walking the 500 miles just to lay down such a proposal at my door.

This is a man who is currently opposing the Labour candidate for Mayor of London. (though unlikely to do him damage in the voting system)

Would he be 'satisfied' with anything other than being leader / First Minister?

It makes perfect sense.

Donald Dewar > Jack McConnell > Wendy Alexander > Iain Gray > Johann Lamont > Jim Murphy > Kezia Dugdale > ??

Now that Richard Baker has quit politics, there's no obvious candidate who is even worse than Dugdale to keep alive Scottish Labour's tradition of always voting for a more inept leader than the last one.