Ljubljana -Anyone Been? - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ljubljana -Anyone Been?

PapofGlencoe

Any tips about good places to go? off the beaten track restaurants, good places to see?

particularly interested in good live music venues. The websites I've seen haven't been that helpful! Maybe there's nothing much there... haha

i know we had a game there years ago, maybe some folk that were more compus mentis than others can remember some places worth going.

:guitar:

edited to add, i'm going as a couple...kind of..that's a long story haha.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

I liked it too.

There was loads of live music when I was last there.

2/3 places in the Celica, then an even better one on the right somewhere.

I'd love to go into more detail, but that's all I've got.

Went to some really impressive mines somewhere between Ljubljana and Koper. Again, no idea where it was.

thanks guys, will have a look at the celica district and lake bled.b :ok:

I'm actually driving from Trieste to Kopar to Ljubljana, deecie so i may check out the mines.

By the way, has anyone ever driven on these Toll roads about here!!?? I have a terrible idea i'm going to be holding up some angry italians and slovenians not having a clue how these things work. Seems you get a ticket when you enter a toll road and pay after, but make sure to go into the right lane. And crossing the border.

Hopefully I make it. It'll work out i'm sure.

Been a couple of times and it's a great place - although not overly big. Lots of bars & clubs with music as big student population. People are vey friendly and have to say never found it to be over priced / expensive. Castle been done up too so worth a walk up if hour or so to waste. There's (or at least was) a really nice Slovenian restaurant over the bridge & up near tourist info (had a great big wooden chef outside) and really nice Italian (but can't remember its name). Lake Bled is worth a visit (if you get a nice day) or other place we went in car was Postojna Caves. Had to go on toll road and was no bother - although they do tend to drive right up your bumper before pulling out to overtake. This guide is useful www.visitljubljana.com/en

ENJOY