London Is The Greatest City In The World - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

London Is The Greatest City In The World

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading down next week with the work. Staying overnight in the Days Inn London Waterloo in Kennington Road which according to the map is around the Lambeth area. On my tod and since its a Tuesday night no doubt there will be televised fitba of some description. Any decent hostelries nearby that our resident Londoners can recommend?

stayed there a few times hotel bar was pretty rubbish but a few bars pretty close

Well, it did sound like a pub to the discernable, Chas!

To be fair, without aaid's intervention I wouldn't have clicked either :ph34r: .

Get yourself over to the George Inn at London Bridge - just off Borough High Street - no TVs but it's well worth seeing (think it's the only galleried pub left in London).

To be fair, without aaid's intervention I wouldn't have clicked either :ph34r: .

Get yourself over to the George Inn at London Bridge - just off Borough High Street - no TVs but it's well worth seeing (think it's the only galleried pub left in London).

That's not a bad shout either. Its an old 17th century coaching inn.

Market Porter's a decent pub as well, if you can avoid the Harry Potter fans

Watching Graham Norton and Ralph Fiennes is playing at the Old Vic,I think he does Eagles covers before the karaoke.

The Young Vic has a big bar you can just walk into rather than going to see a play.

Lord Nelson on Union St just along from the Cut is a good pub.A bit like a student bar but for older folk.

Just looked that up. Going to pop in there on Thursday as my cousin works at London Bridge and am meeting him for lunch. Looks amazing.

J

Just looked that up. Going to pop in there on Thursday as my cousin works at London Bridge and am meeting him for lunch. Looks amazing.

J

:ok:

I was first taken there in the late '90s while down on a course (company I worked for at the time had an office at LB).

Edited by Charlie Endell