Oil - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Yes he owns the whole company,i think the largest privately owned company in scotland(could be wrong) and yes he is "clean aff his heed" but he must have done something right i suppose

Running a successful company does not imply intelligence, more being a nasty ruthless (Mrs Mone is a fine example).

• 9 months later...

Has anyone been keeping an aye on the discovery hurricane oil made west of Shetland? By the looks of it,, it could be a game changer as the geology is a lot different and holds massive potential for similar geology set upsnit yet explored down the west coast,,, by all accounts this new find is significant 

13 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Has anyone been keeping an aye on the discovery hurricane oil made west of Shetland? By the looks of it,, it could be a game changer as the geology is a lot different and holds massive potential for similar geology set ups not yet explored down the west coast,,, by all accounts this new find is significant 

Been watching Hurricane for a while (should have bought in when their shares were around 11p recently) and it does look as if they could have a very substantial find on their hands.  Be thankful we have Westminster taking care of it for us - if we ourselves were reaping the benefit of our own natural resources, we would be stressed out by all the volatility.  Like Norway...

22 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Been watching Hurricane for a while (should have bought in when their shares were around 11p recently) and it does look as if they could have a very substantial find on their hands.  Be thankful we have Westminster taking care of it for us - if we ourselves were reaping the benefit of our own natural resources, we would be stressed out by all the volatility.  Like Norway...

I'm glad we can spready the heavy burden onto the broad shoulders of the UK.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Are you mental? With those resources we would end up doing something stupid like creating a sovereign wealth fund to help balance against a volatile market and to help further fund investment in alternative forms of energy. Thank God Westminster saw fit to save us from ourselves and spend every penny profited from the North Sea - and for good measure at the drop of a hat lecture us on how to run a country and an economy. 

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

I was advised to buy just before the teferendum but i was always told dont put money in shares if you cant afford to lose it and that was my situation at the time,,, seems to be a lot of excitement regarding the geologic set up the reservoir is in,,,not that i know much about that side of the industry,, i always keep a eye on the benbecula discovery, no company as yet have been willing to develop the discovery this could be die to its location(closest discovery to the west coast) and the politics it would raise