Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 10/7/2018 at 5:03 AM, The White Ceelo said:

No I genuinly meant it, If I am to die before I retire and am still in the same industry then I have a 50% chance it will be out here. I don't mean killed, I mean dying of natural causes

OK I see now. Like saying, if I spend half of the rest of my life offshore then 50% chance that death would be offshore. (More so for anyone who lives at their workplace week in week out .) But if offshore is more dangerous than onshore then it would be greater than 50% chance... 

Edited by exile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 7:03 AM, The White Ceelo said:

No I genuinly meant it, If I am to die before I retire and am still in the same industry then I have a 50% chance it will be out here. I don't mean killed, I mean dying of natural causes

I work in a bank and have a 95% chance of dying of boredom and inactivity before I retire. But I know I am luckier than most. 

My sister in laws father died suddenly recently , he was 68 and had been retired 2 years from the rigs. My dad died ages 67, 2 years after retiring from being a school janny.

Doesnt matter what job you do,, make the most of what you have got while you have it,

Sent from sunny Tel Aviv lying bored on a sunbed 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I work in a bank and have a 95% chance of dying of boredom and inactivity before I retire. But I know I am luckier than most. 

My sister in laws father died suddenly recently , he was 68 and had been retired 2 years from the rigs. My dad died ages 67, 2 years after retiring from being a school janny.

Doesnt matter what job you do,, make the most of what you have got while you have it,

Sent from sunny Tel Aviv lying bored on a sunbed 😎

I think the lesson you should learn from that is that you should never retire. Sounds far too risky to me. If you look closely at the statistics it's fairly obvious that being retired is the riskiest occupation in the UK. For the folk that are lucky enough to reach retirement, the death rate is quite high.

Edited by Orraloon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 5:46 PM, exile said:

Interesting insight. 

If you could change one thing, what would you change? 

His self awareness levels ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think the lesson you should learn from that is that you should never retire. Sounds far too risky to me. If you look closely at the statistics it's fairly obvious that being retired is the riskiest occupation in the UK. For the folk that are lucky enough to reach retirement, the death rate is quite high.

Oh well, at least its not all bad news. It should keep you in a job, Rev I M Jolly .

Spoiling my pina colada so you are 🍹😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×