Parking At Brittania Stadium - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Parking At Brittania Stadium

It's a few years since I was last there but from memory I think if you're willing to pay there are places, but bugger all for free. Others more familiar might know better but some info here:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/premier-league/britannia-stadium-stoke-city.html#adirections-and-car-parking

Was at the Palace game there just before Xmas and decided to drive.

Easiest thing to do is contact the ticket office at Stoke and advance purchase a Car Park ticket, they only cost a fiver, the official Car Parks are situated all around the stadium & this will guarantee you entry.

The Britannia Stadium is situated in the middle of an Industrial / Car Dealership area about 3 miles out of town and on match day there is absolutely no on street parking within a fair distance of the ground, there are however a fleet of shuttle buses bringing the fans out from the town centre, but if using this method it would seriously hamper a quick get away after the game and you would still have difficulty finding a secure area to park.

Stadium is only around 1/2 mile from the M6 Motorway so if your looking for advice, spend that £5er !!

There's a rugby club about ten minutes away you can park at. It's got a good clubhouse and it was reasonably easy getaway.

They charge a fiver though so it's the same as stadium parking but the benefit is it helps a local club and you get access to good bar

http://www.longtonrugby.co.uk/stoke-city-fc-parking/

There is an industrial estate that looks like free parking about 2 miles away. Don't mind a wee walk. Is the area aroundthe ground quite dodgy?

The road is Plantation Rd, Stoke-on-Trent ST4

Edited by kmcca5

There is an industrial estate that looks like free parking about 2 miles away. Don't mind a wee walk. Is the area around the ground quite dodgy?

Hi Mate, here is a a comment from one of my friends..

"it depends......if he just wants to go to the ground and is going to be there in plenty of time I'd suggest heading for the ground and parking on any of the roads/car parks on the industrial estate around the ground. It will take ages to get away afterwards and, as you know, there's not a lot to do around the ground. His other alternative is to head for Stoke town centre and park on the big car park by the Kings Hall. He can get a beer and/or something to eat in the town centre and then either walk up (about 30 mins) or get the shuttle bus. Again, it's a bit of a wait getting back on the bus but probably quicker than if he parks at the ground. Let me know if he needs any pub recommendations etc"

The area around the ground is ok. But parking is virtually impossible.

Edited by EddardStark

There is an industrial estate that looks like free parking about 2 miles away. Don't mind a wee walk. Is the area aroundthe ground quite dodgy?

This road is in Trentham which is one of the better areas in Stoke on Trent. Not sure about pubs round that way though. Get there early. People park quite far away from the ground. You will walk down Sir Stanley Matthews Way to the ground from here.

This road is in Trentham which is one of the better areas in Stoke on Trent. Not sure about pubs round that way though. Get there early. People park quite far away from the ground. You will walk down Sir Stanley Matthews Way to the ground from here.

Off the Booze so pubs no bother. Doing 5 games this month so all needs to be on the cheap so will have got a pie or sandwich from supermarket/bakery prior to getting to gtound for evening meal. How posh am I?

Was going to get there about two hours before. So happy with 30/40 min walk. Will take in the stadium, do a couple of loops around then take my seat and enjoy the warm ups.

I think I will either park at rugby club if weather is crap or a wee bit further south i that area plantation road if dry. I need to get back to Oxford as stopping there in hotel for meeting next day so would like easy exist.

Thanks for all help by the way.

Edited by kmcca5