2016 Tamb Running Thread - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2016 Tamb Running Thread

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On March 26, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Denny's Yard said:

17.57 PB at my local parkrun this morning and first time under 18 mins.

Doing a ten miler next weekend so would love to get a PB third weekend in a row.

Well I missed out on the ten mile PB by 2 seconds.  Did get a PB at 10k though but only because I haven't ran a 10k in about 3 years.

Oh, and I finished one place in front of Meb Keflezighi, who is going to be running the marathon for the US at Rio Olympics.  Hope he can go a bit faster by then! ;-)

13 hours ago, Denny's Yard said:

Well I missed out on the ten mile PB by 2 seconds.  Did get a PB at 10k though but only because I haven't ran a 10k in about 3 years.

Oh, and I finished one place in front of Meb Keflezighi, who is going to be running the marathon for the US at Rio Olympics.  Hope he can go a bit faster by then! ;-)

Nice one!

Keflezighi sounds like a really decent guy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympian-meb-keflezighi-wants-to-blend-in-with-the-crowd-at-cherry-blossom-race/2016/03/31/c0bd997e-f75d-11e5-8b23-538270a1ca31_story.html

Brighton marathon was wonderful this weekend, the only "problem" was that it was too well supported, meaning that there was nowhere to stretch off at the side for miles on end.

As an aside, my right leg can right off.

5 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

A race you'd recommend then?

Yes. With the German efficiency there were certainly no issues getting our bags back at the end. 

For a spring marathon I loved Rome and Barcelona and preferred them. The locals don't get behind it as much as the Germans did though. 

Hamburg definitely a good option for when the Nae luck magazine drops through the door from London, which is when we booked. 

Was trying to get sub 50 at Balmoral but finished with a time of 50.38 which was my second fasted time. It felt good though and I am relatively happy as I didn't quite think I would do it anyway. It was freezing with snow showers which actually suited me.

The event is however shit value for money compared to just about any other 10k I have done. They was no clock at the end which was push for spectators. The cheapest quality t-shirt and just a bottle of water at the end - not even a banana to be seen. They also really need to sort out the start which is stupidly congested. The information didn't even tell you where the water stops were which isn't a big deal for the 10k but for the 15 miler it is quite important.

I do enjoy it though it just is a bit poor for an event of this size.

Also ran the 10K at Balmoral and reasonably happy with 47:21....it is a tough course so not comparable with other 10K's.  I have hardly been able to run this year with a dodgy ankle but gave it a go on Saturday.

The last three years I have cycled out from Aberdeen to the start and then cycled home straight after....was so tough on Saturday as it was so cold....the snow / hailstones hitting my face was not the "warm up" I had hoped for.  Usually a few people do that wee duathlon but looked as if I was the only one this year....happy to have done my first century ride of the year though

I ran the Southampton half yesterday. Really well organised and enjoyed the run over the inchin bridge.  First half in 18 years and really got the bug for it. Signed up for a Jersey half in June.  Managed 2hrs and 7 mins which really happy with as was aiming for anything under 2hrs 20 mins.  They also had pacers running in the race which was helpful!