2016 Tamb Running Thread - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2016 Tamb Running Thread

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/6/2016 at 8:31 PM, scot scotland scottish said:

Yes - me. Looking forward to it

Have you done it before? If so what's the course like?

I did it last year.

It's a quick route. I got a decent PB despite having two Paula Radcliffe stops...

31 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

How's the injury?

I'm now also doing the Livingston Road Relays the week before Manchester.

Still resting.

Got beaten up by the physio yesterday, so feels a lot better now.

Spent 80% of my lunch break trying to enter the Balmoral 10k (unsuccessfully).

12 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Terrific day at Inverness today.

A wee bit warm at times, but delighted with my time of 1:41:05 - previous half marathon PB being 1:45:43.

Thats a huge PB! Well done.

I was a couple of minutes out of mine but was first half for seven or eight months having been injured for a quite a while. I went off too fast early on and paid the price in the last couple of miles. Was really quite warm at times and I found myself really dehydrated towards the end. I enjoyed it though and was good to be back at that kind of distance.

PS - I thought you said it would be flat!! 

Finished in 2:14:29 which is about 19 minutes slower than last year but I wasn't expecting a good time after the last couple of weeks of barely running.

Shin held up fine and there's no pain today so that's a good sign ahead of London.

Ended up walking for most of the 10th kilometer which I'll put down to having a bug recently and the fact I'd only ran a maximum of 5km since the middle of February. 

3 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

What's the general price for 10km's, half marathons etc in Scotland?

Varies widely between small, local races, and the bigger, commercially run races.

e.g. Fraserburgh Half marathon, which is brilliantly run and has an absolutely massive spread put on afterwards is £15. Events like Edinburgh Half, are £31.

The 10k my club organise is £8, but the Baker Hughes 10k is £22.

Edited by Cove_Sheep

On 14 March 2016 at 9:38 AM, scot scotland scottish said:

Thats a huge PB! Well done.

I was a couple of minutes out of mine but was first half for seven or eight months having been injured for a quite a while. I went off too fast early on and paid the price in the last couple of miles. Was really quite warm at times and I found myself really dehydrated towards the end. I enjoyed it though and was good to be back at that kind of distance.

PS - I thought you said it would be flat!! 

Your experience mirrors mine. I died around 14k cos of the heat. Was looking for a PB so massively disappointed with my time of 1.55.14 and more so with the fact I actually walled twice 

Finally made it under 2.50 for a marathon today. Just.  2.49.43 at Virginia Beach. Horrible wet and windy day, so it was quite a pleasent surprise to be honest.

Going to leave the marathon alone for a while now and try to get faster at the shorter distances,

On 25 March 2016 at 5:01 PM, Denny's Yard said:

17.57 PB at my local parkrun this morning and first time under 18 mins.

Doing a ten miler next weekend so would love to get a PB third weekend in a row.

Great stuff. :)

On 3/20/2016 at 4:43 AM, Denny's Yard said:

Finally made it under 2.50 for a marathon today. Just.  2.49.43 at Virginia Beach. Horrible wet and windy day, so it was quite a pleasent surprise to be honest.

Going to leave the marathon alone for a while now and try to get faster at the shorter distances,

Stunning time! Well done!