January Transfer News - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact Tansey was desperate to come.He spoke to an Aberdeen player earlier in the day and told them the deal was on only to phone back a short while later and say there's no chance he was going to Pittodrie.

BTW that bog standard run of the mill generic statement on the ICT website doesn't say anything about Aberdeen not meeting the valuation or the player didn't want to come.

Aberdeen had one last week saying Paul Quinn couldn't settle in Aberdeen so he wanted to move back to Dingwall , I didn't believe that one either.

What are people's thoughts on having transfer windows ?

Is it better or fairer for clubs and football in general ?

I've always maintained that there should just be the summer window and that's it. I doubt very much however that the January window will ever be done away with.

I've always maintained that there should just be the summer window and that's it. I doubt very much however that the January window will ever be done away with.

I agree with that. Pick your squad for the year and stick with it.

Should apply to managers as well.