Jack Harper - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper

Mabozza Ritchie

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I've seen him in action, but am I alone in thinking that he is like a young Gareth Bale. The way he runs, shields and controls the ball, heads the ball, and his gait, are a mirror image of Bale. Only hope he turns out to be as good as him - judging by that clip, he's on the way !

My one massive concern for him is - getting the chance to put himself in the shop window. The lad clearly has talent but he is plying his trade at Real Madrid where it is all the rage to buy up the best talent in the world and must say I'd be surprised if Real have a good track record of players that have come through their youth set-up to reach the level of first team regular. So if he doesn't get the chance it leaves him as a bit of a mystery that other clubs may not want to take a gamble on.

My one massive concern for him is - getting the chance to put himself in the shop window. The lad clearly has talent but he is plying his trade at Real Madrid where it is all the rage to buy up the best talent in the world and must say I'd be surprised if Real have a good track record of players that have come through their youth set-up to reach the level of first team regular. So if he doesn't get the chance it leaves him as a bit of a mystery that other clubs may not want to take a gamble on.

In that case we'd have to trust Harper to stay on in Spain. Maybe even France or Portugal. Don't want him ending up at the Old Firm or a Championship club.

Where have I said it isn't good news? I haven't.

My point is he still has bigger barriers to overcome than say one playing at a lesser club with no budget. Real are one of the biggest spenders in world football in case you hadn't realised and are a bit like say Chelsea or Man City who buy in star names and youth is ignored. That is my big worry - not over his talent but more being given his chance to show what he can do at Real.

Some of madrids "failed" players include santiago canizares, Juan mata and Alvaro negrado off the top of my head

Cheers for that and presume they all came through Real's academy before hitting the big time?

Having checked Mata never got the chance at Real Madrid and moved on to Seville. Canizares is an example from more than two decades ago. Negredo never broke into the Real side and was farmed out elsewhere where he made his breakthrough before returning to Real for a short spell. S

Edited by Caledonian Craig

First time I've seen him in action, but am I alone in thinking that he is like a young Gareth Bale. The way he runs, shields and controls the ball, heads the ball, and his gait, are a mirror image of Bale. Only hope he turns out to be as good as him - judging by that clip, he's on the way !

Yeh, he even did that irritating heart shape thing with his hands when he scored. Every time I see a player doing that it reminds me of Bales double against us! :angry:

Casillas and Raul done alright

Arbeloa has won a few trophies too

Not a great record. I hope the boy does well, he looks great and his attitude is amazing, sadly I don't think his future is at Real, I just hope its not I'm the English lower leagues, or the old firm.