Spoty - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spoty

jimstroma

Couldn't give a flying about this BBC self importance pish. Presented by obnoxious boring khunts like Logan, Balding and Lineker. BBC clinging on desperately to some sports. Its not like they are actually winning anything apart from viewers phone in - nothing to do with their achievement. Respect for Andy Murray and Kevin Sinfield - couldn't care less about the likes of Peatie, Hill , that Mo someone and the rest who I cant remember.

Less folk that watch this - the sooner it gets killed off.

Couldn't give a flying ###### about this BBC self importance pish. Presented by obnoxious boring khunts like Logan, Balding and Lineker. BBC clinging on desperately to some sports. Its not like they are actually winning anything apart from viewers phone in - nothing to do with their achievement. Respect for Andy Murray and Kevin Sinfield - couldn't care less about the likes of Peatie, Hill , that ###### Mo someone and the rest who I cant remember.

You seem to know quite a lot about it for someone who disnae gie a F##k!

Its no fookin wonder I know a lot about it - it gets rammed down our throats non stop on the BBC and the papers. I couldn't escape who the "contenders" were - the only two I like are Andy Murray and Kevin Sinfield (I'm a big rugby league fan and he's a terrific player and bloke for that matter).

The british britshness of britain's briton of the year awards?

Winston Churchill will probably win it again. Saying that they'll probably give it to Andy Murray so they can claim him as an honourary englishman.

It's aw british bullshit. Im goin to the pub to watch the Spanish fitba

that's twice how many other sports men or woman have won the award twice ?

Our 'enry definitely did, Damon Hill too I think...

If they keep changing the scheduling of it for the feckin Apprentice it will. I flicked over to watch it and it was bye! Edited by Toepoke

Proof you dont need a personality to win it.

You do realise it's sports personality, not TV personality. Murray has exactly the sort of personality required to be a world class sportsman. The single-mindedness to dedicate himself to reach the pinnacle of his sport. That's what the award is for.

If you want someone to give you a laugh go see a comedian.

Sped through it on the iPlayer there. Thought the James Nesbit sequence was well done and it was excellent seeing the reception Michael O'Neill got.

Always interesting to see the bit about who has departed the scene this year. Quite a few I'd no idea about. Very touching that lass singing for her dead hubby, the old een were welling up...

Turned over to watch the apprentice , caught the bit where sports people had died - came as a bit of a shock to see Jim Meadowcroft - snooker player on Pot Black years ago - he was the resident professional at Butlins Filey in 1979 when I worked there - smashing bloke - came into our bit for a cup of tea every morning - had a chat most mornings - he used to play Terry Griffiths in an exhibition match every 2 weeks when Griffiths did his round of the Butlins camp when he was world champion.

Surprised Kevin Sinfield was second given the minority sport that rugby league is. There must have been an orchestrated campaign to vote for him amongst the rugby league community. I think his sporting achievement is greater than Andy Murray's this year. But I like Andy Murray anyway - both of them way too good for this shyte.