Car Hire At Malaga Airport - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Car Hire At Malaga Airport

joecraigfanclub

For the game in Alicante we hired a car in Alicante and made our way down to Malaga where we returned it at the airport.

We used Europcar IIRC and the pick up/drop off point is in the multi-story car park right across from the airport terminal.

Probably my best tip would be to avoid whoever your flight company recommends. Last time I was there it was about a 2-hour queue off a Jet2 flight with pretty much everyone having booked the same one.

There's a good company called CarJet. They will sell you a genuine insurance top up which will be considerably cheaper than the pooled payment system they operate at the airport (excess protection). Also watch out for the usual full-empty-half full scams on petrol. Be sure you know what you're booking otherwise you end up paing over the odds plus an 'administration fee' for putting half a euro of petrol in.

If you can I would recommend a couple nights in Malaga town. Largely ignored by tourists who go along coast but it is very nice. Lots of good restaurants. 90% people there are Spanish which gives it a good family friendly vibe not an Irish bar or British cafe showing reruns of "Only Fools And Horses" in sight.

If you can I would recommend a couple nights in Malaga town. Largely ignored by tourists who go along coast but it is very nice. Lots of good restaurants. 90% people there are Spanish which gives it a good family friendly vibe not an Irish bar or British cafe showing reruns of "Only Fools And Horses" in sight.

Agree 100%. Beautiful centre and now port area is good for a stroll with shops, bars and restaurants. Culture with Picasso and Pompidou museums and Arab castle and train trips to Ronda and El Chorro. Unknown maybe not since visitor numbers have grown a lot especially since AVE train to Madrid started 3 or 4 years ago. Great place for a weekend from Scotland. For car hire no idea but I know there are several companies with good offers for looking after cars including carwash.

• 2 months later...

Went with autoeurope and ended up at easyrentacar. Very straightforward and very nice people to deal with on returning the car.

Malaga didn't fail to impress yet again. There would appear to be quite a few new craft breweries if that is your thing and there is a newly redeveloped market near the Teatro Cervantes to the north of the old town. This has loads of individual stalls doing a wide variety of tapas and drinks.

Ate in KGB which was another brilliant meal, especially the chicken in a marguerita foam and the patatas braves where the potatoes were roasted not deep fried.

Also ate at Chiringuita Tropicana on the beach and it was also excellent, especially the grilled fish