Top 10 Regional Predictions - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Top 10 Regional Predictions

The top 10 by way of voter registration account for 59% of the vote. Below is my thoughts on what kind of lead if any is in each, here is my prediction.

1. Glasgow YES 55/45
  2. Edinburgh NO 47/53
  3. Fife YES 53/47
  4. Nrth Lanark Draw 50/50
  5. Sth Lanark YES 52/48
  6. Aberdeenshire NO 42/58
  7. Aberdeen Draw 50/50
  8. Highland NO 48/52
  9. West Lothian YES 55/45
  10. Falkirk YES 52/48

Glasgow is huge for YES, if we can get a 10pt win, that is worth 40k vote majority.

Didnt realise how big Fife is as an electorate. Could be a big one to watch for.

It's a diverse Kingdom with plenty of different demographics......a white-collar Edinburgh overspill in the south of the Kingdom around Dunfermline and suburbs, a traditional working class in central and mid-Fife, and a big farming community in the north-east.

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say that north-east Fife will be heavily no, that mid-Fife will be slightly yes, and that south Fife will be 50/50..maybe marginally no.

There's nothing scientific about my prediction, but I'd go for 53/47 to No. Much will depend on the major population centres of Glenrothes (probably heavily Yes), Dunfermline, probably No and Kirkcaldy (working class but heavily influenced by Gordon Brown...probably No).

It's a diverse Kingdom with plenty of different demographics......a white-collar Edinburgh overspill in the south of the Kingdom around Dunfermline and suburbs, a traditional working class in central and mid-Fife, and a big farming community in the north-east.

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say that north-east Fife will be heavily no, that mid-Fife will be slightly yes, and that south Fife will be 50/50..maybe marginally no.

There's nothing scientific about my prediction, but I'd go for 53/47 to No. Much will depend on the major population centres of Glenrothes (probably heavily Yes), Dunfermline, probably No and Kirkcaldy (working class but heavily influenced by Gordon Brown...probably No).

Canvassers in Cardenden have been getting a near 60% yes on every street in the village.Surprised me but people are pissed off with the Labour has went.

What would be your estimate on plus and minuses on both?

I've no idea.

:lol:

Had just presumed North Lanarkshire has more large working class towns, and South Lanarkshire has more middle class towns.

I hadn't seen a great deal of support for no other than from folk who I imagine are influenced by the unionist leanings of their football team.

However there was an event on in bothwell over the weekend and there were a lot of No thanks stickers on middle class, Middle Aged people, the sort that don't use social media and perhaps wouldn't put a sticker in their window. Got me thinking there could be a silent majority....

Anyway, no idea on figures, as based on most of what I see, unless there is a silent majority, I can't believe it's so close and not 60/40 or even 70/30 in favour of yes, but I'd guess based on a quick think that North Lanarkshire is slightly more yes than south.

I've no idea.

:lol:

Had just presumed North Lanarkshire has more large working class towns, and South Lanarkshire has more middle class towns.

I hadn't seen a great deal of support for no other than from folk who I imagine are influenced by the unionist leanings of their football team.

However there was an event on in bothwell over the weekend and there were a lot of No thanks stickers on middle class, Middle Aged people, the sort that don't use social media and perhaps wouldn't put a sticker in their window. Got me thinking there could be a silent majority....

Anyway, no idea on figures, as based on most of what I see, unless there is a silent majority, I can't believe it's so close and not 60/40 or even 70/30 in favour of yes, but I'd guess based on a quick think that North Lanarkshire is slightly more yes than south.

I was going to say the same, North is definitely more Yes than South. Coatbridge alone is going to give a massive Yes boost-although that might be balanced out by Airdrie from my experiences.

The top 10 by way of voter registration account for 59% of the vote. Below is my thoughts on what kind of lead if any is in each, here is my prediction.

• Glasgow YES 55/45
  • Edinburgh NO 47/53
  • Fife YES 53/47
  • Nrth Lanark Draw 50/50
  • Sth Lanark YES 52/48
  • Aberdeenshire NO 42/58
  • Aberdeen Draw 50/50
  • Highland NO 48/52
  • West Lothian YES 55/45
  • Falkirk YES 52/48

Glasgow is huge for YES, if we can get a 10pt win, that is worth 40k vote majority.

Missed out the whole of Tayside and Perthshire ?

Due to numbers ?

Im no just saying this, but everybody I know in Dundee is a YES.

yup, think Dundee in terms of voter registration is 12th. I have you down for a 60/40 on my spreadsheet though?

p.s a 60/40 for YES give us 18k ahead in the region.

Edited by giblet