Chartered Train - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chartered Train

slasher

If it's the same guys that ran the train to Wembley last time,I was wary also,but booked it.

Was a good day in Edinburgh,but the train was difficult to sleep in,I tried a couple of hours on the floor between carriages,I never succeeded.

Makes a long couple of days,but if there's decent guys around you,it's a good laugh.

Stinks by the time you're home though :lol:

Thanks!

Was looking like an option until it said "no alcohol is to be consumed on the train".

eight of us on this . Went the last time and it was pretty good.It is hard to get a sleep but its the same on a supporters bus .managed a couple of hours.

Thanks!

Was looking like an option until it said "no alcohol is to be consumed on the train".

It was mentioned the last time.

Many a blind eye was turned,I'm assuming they gave everyone the benefit of the doubt that they could behave,which seemed to be the case to be fair.

And you've all day to scoof in London,24 hours of drinking with no sleep probably isn't the best idea.

Trust me :D

It was mentioned the last time.

Many a blind eye was turned,I'm assuming they gave everyone the benefit of the doubt that they could behave,which seemed to be the case to be fair.

And you've all day to scoof in London,24 hours of drinking with no sleep probably isn't the best idea.

Trust me :D

Yeah we did it last time...........never again.

Was a great laugh on the day and night before but having zero sleep on the train started to take its toll a few hours before kick off

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last time the pre train party at Waverley was good and the train was ace for a laugh but no sleep was terrible, next day I really struggled at first. A few hours in Trafalgar Square helped and the journey back we did sleep a bit but never again for me... 

• 3 weeks later...

After realising Trafalgar Square is probably gonna be a no go I plumped for in and out flights with BA. Fly down early Friday and back lunchtime Saturday. I'm not sure how much they are now but when I booked they were around £100

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't see the attraction TBH, much rather just  book my own train with mates.

I'd understand if it was cheap, but it's not. Pay more money for a worse train. It's madness.

Each to their own though.

2 hours ago, deecie said:

I'd understand if it was cheap, but it's not. Pay more money for a worse train. It's madness.

Each to their own though.

Aye that's my thinking!

We're £70 return from Glasgow-London with Virgin and as well as having a comfy train with a bar etc, the times are perfect.