Pension Advice Required - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pension Advice Required

I posted a while back asking about annual management charges but have been pretty happy to keep my existing arrangements ticking over since then. Not sure if there’s any big benefit by consolidating/moving to be had at this time other than making it easier to track. 

I now have:

3 private defined contribution pensions (currently £37k + £7k + £5k)

1  current public sector defined benefit pension accruing £1k pa, sitting at approx. £4K so far (4 years in) and to be adjusted for inflation each year.

1 AVC pot (defined contribution) of approx. £4K pa building alongside my public sector pension. 

Age 38 and hoping the public sector pension continues for the foreseeable. Certainly no plans to move. 

My 3x private, plus 1x AVC are my plans to bridge the gap from 68 down to retirement age as early as possible. Leaving the public sector pot at its full value until 68. 

Do any of our resident TAMB pension experts think that’s on right track or am I missing anything?