Celtic V Ajax - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Ajax

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I agree with any of that. We are poor at the moment and we are not getting value for money from that squad. That's down to the manager and the board but its far from all doom. We have a great set up and some good players to work with for the right coach.

I've watched Europa league highlights a few times and as poor as we are there are plenty poorer around. Its not a great stretch to argue that this current squad could have been playing CL football with a better manager in charge.

You don't agree that you should have won that game???

Or that Celtic's performance in Europe is going backwards?

Seriously?

Sounds like Celtic are in a similar predicament to Motherwell with Barraclough.

Manager who seems a likeable bloke, but out his depth.

Been allowed to sign a raft of players who vary from decent, to terrible and some who are completely pointless.

Giving game time to loan players who are no better than your own.

Baffling decisions and signs of "losing the dressing room"

On the bright side, there are good players there, and there is potentially a team capable of putting on a good performance, just these moments are few and far between...

Sounds like Celtic are in a similar predicament to Motherwell with Barraclough.

Manager who seems a likeable bloke, but out his depth.

Been allowed to sign a raft of players who vary from decent, to terrible and some who are completely pointless.

Giving game time to loan players who are no better than your own.

Baffling decisions and signs of "losing the dressing room"

On the bright side, there are good players there, and there is potentially a team capable of putting on a good performance, just these moments are few and far between...

Aye theres definitely some parallels there m8. I've just heard Ronny went radge in his interview. If he's cracking now he'll never last!

I've already said we are going backwards. You are suggesting theres something deeper at work other than a poor manager.

As I said previously, I was taken aback by the shapeless performance tonight.

The loss of the dressing room, maybe?

For example, drawing once with Kilmarnock can happen, but twice in a row...............

And the number of good starts that Celtic have had in European games this season and failed to consolidate.

The Kris Commons tantrum in Molde and Charlie Mulgrew walking off tonight could be signs of unrest behind the scenes.

Really unusual the Mulgrew incident, as Sutton said in commentary, even if he goes and stands up front to be a nuisance....

He didn't limp off at all, marched off quite purposefully.

Edited by sbcmfc

Tonight was interesting in that we had a different shape for the first time in a long while. If Carlton Cole ever gets fit we might actually have some alternatives to the stale 4-2-3-1 Ronny favours but based purely on European results.... Ronny out!

Tonight was interesting in that we had a different shape for the first time in a long while. If Carlton Cole ever gets fit we might actually have some alternatives to the stale 4-2-3-1 Ronny favours but based purely on European results.... Ronny out!

Much like barraclough again, he got a stay of execution by beating East Fife and Kilmarnock, only for the fact he was completely out his depth to re-surface a few weeks later at cappielow.

Celtic losing a domestic cup tie will probably be the final nail for Deila, but would winning the treble just delay the inevitable.

Could others do better? Or did Neil Lennon (like Stuart McCall) desert a sinking ship?

I've been critical of celtics quantity over quality signing policy, has Deila been unlucky in that regard not to land a few decent players?

an utter khunt of a 'man'.

How do you work that one out ? Do you know Charlie ? Charlie Mulgrew is a well liked guy in Kirkintilloch and Lenzie by fans on both sides of the Old Firm.My wife brought up in same street as the Mulgrews and they are brand new.

Edited by Doric

How do you work that one out ? Do you know Charlie ? Charlie Mulgrew is a well liked guy in Kirkintilloch and Lenzie by fans on both sides of the Old Firm.My wife brought up in same street as the Mulgrews and he is from a lovely family.

He has a gay sleeve tattoo and a gay haircut. He's a whankbag.

How do you work that one out ? Do you know Charlie ? Charlie Mulgrew is a well liked guy in Kirkintilloch and Lenzie by fans on both sides of the Old Firm.My wife brought up in same street as the Mulgrews and they are brand new.

He may well be a lovely man but he's is thick as pigshit. Anyone who leaves their toddler sleeping in the car unattended in sub-zero temperatures is a moron in my book.