Celtic V Ajax - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Ajax

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We thrown the lead away in 3 of the 5 matches.

Conceded 2 or more in our last 7 games.

Far too many basic mistakes.

Tonight was the first time I'd watched Celtic since Malmo at home, and I thought they were unprofessional in losing that game.

But I could not believe the deterioration since then tonight, and that was with an early goal to their advantage.

Please play like that against the Jags at New Year - even we might have a chance.

Griffith once again shown up for what he is. Consistently makes poor decisions which at a higher level is crucial. Dribbling when he should pass, shooting when he should pass, passing to clearly the wrong player and for those that think he has pace, he doesnt have the pace required to trouble top defenders. Several times tonight he had a head start and defenders caught up with him. Not above 4th choice striker for Scotland imo

Griffiths showed he is not a team player. Celtic could have had 4 or 5 in the 2nd half if he had been able to finish or made an easy pass to a team mate. He tried to shoot every time the ball came near him and wasted good build up play.

Anyone who thinks he should be ahead of Fletcher for Scotland needs their head looked at.

Griffith once again shown up for what he is. Consistently makes poor decisions which at a higher level is crucial. Dribbling when he should pass, shooting when he should pass, passing to clearly the wrong player and for those that think he has pace, he doesnt have the pace required to trouble top defenders. Several times tonight he had a head start and defenders caught up with him. Not above 4th choice striker for Scotland imo

Cannot disagree with you. After the first half he had had, I couldn't believe he wasn't one of the players subbed.

It just wasn't happening for him.

We are going backwards under Ronny and I hope to we don't win a treble cos it might just buy him more time.

Positives tonight were young Tierney again and we created a fair few chances with a makeshift midfield. In fact if thumb had his shooting boots on we probs would have won.

Its not hard to see where the problems lie. I'm running out of patience with Boyatta and Gordon is howling at the moment but most irritating of all is Lustig, his first half tonight was a disgrace.

Ronny out!

Scott Allan given his big chance and gets Celtic papped out Europe

Felt a bit for him (when I'd stopped laughing!) he was possibly trying too hard, made a positive impact when he came on, probably the player that least deserved to be the one to put the final nail in the coffin!

Felt a bit for him (when I'd stopped laughing!) he was possibly trying too hard, made a positive impact when he came on, probably the player that least deserved to be the one to put the final nail in the coffin!

I'd have thought a run out in some league games to keep him match ready should have been done. His pass for Griffiths is as good as I've seen in ages, but he did cost them the game.

We are going backwards under Ronny and I hope to ###### we don't win a treble cos it might just buy him more time.

Positives tonight were young Tierney again and we created a fair few chances with a makeshift midfield. In fact if thumb had his shooting boots on we probs would have won.

Tierney - great first half, but ran out of gas in the second, which is presumably why he was subbed.

You were never going to win tonight playing like that - Rogic got found out, and Armstrong is not a holding midfielder. And this against an Ajax midfield that was less than average.

Admittedly you had injuries, but this defeat cuts deeper than that.

Tierney - great first half, but ran out of gas in the second, which is presumably why he was subbed.

You were never going to win tonight playing like that - Rogic got found out, and Armstrong is not a holding midfielder. And this against an Ajax midfield that was less than average.

Admittedly you had injuries, but this defeat cuts deeper than that.

Cuts deeper than what? The Europa league is where we are and where we deserve to be until we can put a better coached team out on the pitch.

Cuts deeper than what? The Europa league is where we are and where we deserve to be until we can put a better coached team out on the pitch.

Not trying to be funny, as I know you will be feeling bad, but be honest about Celtic's performances in Europe over the last 4 seasons (this one included). At this rate do you think you will even make the Europa next season?

Tonight was a game that should have been won, I'm sure you will agree. But even allowing for the injuries, a sense of shape and organization was not there.

Tony Watt would have improved that team tonight, in my view.

Not trying to be funny, as I know you will be feeling bad, but be honest about Celtic's performances in Europe over the last 4 seasons (this one included). At this rate do you think you will even make the Europa next season?

Tonight was a game that should have been won, I'm sure you will agree. But even allowing for the injuries, a sense of shape and organization was not there.

Tony Watt would have improved that team tonight, in my view.

Not sure I agree with any of that. We are poor at the moment and we are not getting value for money from that squad. That's down to the manager and the board but its far from all doom. We have a great set up and some good players to work with for the right coach.

I've watched Europa league highlights a few times and as poor as we are there are plenty poorer around. Its not a great stretch to argue that this current squad could have been playing CL football with a better manager in charge.