G.a.r.l. Is Back - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

G.a.r.l. Is Back

Looking at Googlemaps, I recon the trainline goes within about 50m of the airport.

A lump of concrete either side of the track and a covered walkway to the terminal is all that's needed. £100k at the most.

Next.

Is that your tender? Seems reasonable - and when the final cost is umpteen times that the taxpayer still foots the bill - you can't lose! Edited by Charlie Endell

Is that your tender? Seems reasonable - and when the final cost is umpteen times that the taxpayer still foots the bill - you can't lose!

Even if the final price is 100x higher - I've still saved the taxpayer a fortune.

There appears to be a few massive empty fields by my new station too, so may convert them to a Park & Ride car park too.

The business case for my plan is really stacking up.

Not carrying your luggage though...

Do folk still carry luggage? Somebody invented the wheel ages ago. It took us a wee while to figure out that it would be a good idea to attach them to suitcases but we got there in the end. If you can't carry your luggage 400 yards you've probably got too much luggage.

Looking at Googlemaps, I recon the trainline goes within about 50m of the airport.

A lump of concrete either side of the track and a covered walkway to the terminal is all that's needed. £100k at the most.

Next.

That was my plan for Edinburgh airport. There is a train line runs less than a mile away. Didn't get past the idea stage though. Not enough scope for backhanders apparently.

That was my plan for Edinburgh airport. There is a train line runs less than a mile away. Didn't get past the idea stage though. Not enough scope for backhanders apparently.

You sure about that?

As 'Edinburgh Gateway' is currently under construction, due to open next year.

Do you never use glasgow airport?

Is it really an SNP project?

don't get him started on airports please. :wtf:

EDIT: having now read the rest of the thread he is talking sense though. Is having trams the new black?

Edited by phart

A GARL link is needed IMO. but this is not the answer.

A link/direct route is needed to Include the new hospital, 10000 staff 6000 patients and visitors, no where to park

To include Braehead as a stop

and even the lovely riverside village attraction of Renfrew.

Even Ibrox would benefit from a better rail link to/from Ayrshire .

And a link just going to Central is not really the answer.

A better thought out plan is needed, not just two Labout cooncils joining forces to get money from London to get one over the SNP, which is what i believe this is really all about....

Surely extending a tunnel from Govan Underground to the Airport could include all the above...

Aye the tunnel was a bit of an ambitious statement,. however the Hillington line runs nearly, there is also a spur off there that runs right into Braehead, goes under the motorway,

There was a wee discussion a few years back about a riverside train/tram doing the Southern, Braehead, Airport and then crossing the river to Clydebank to allow link up,,

I still think this plan is not really thought through...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14106907.Ministers_accused_of_trying_to__politically_derail__airport_link/

And the politics has started..

this is Labour in Glasgow/Paisley campaigning for Holyrude to say SNP bad...

Labour are really bitter that they lost teh original GARL agruement,,, and they are reviving it,,, McAveety FFS...

Aye the M8 ......

Do folk still carry luggage? Somebody invented the wheel ages ago. It took us a wee while to figure out that it would be a good idea to attach them to suitcases but we got there in the end. If you can't carry your luggage 400 yards you've probably got too much luggage.

You've clearly never travelled with young kids!

:lol:

Absolutely never.

It's about the most inconvenient airport in the world for me.

Must easier/cheaper/quicker to fly down to London and onwards from there.

Luckily this overpriced scheme which I'm paying for will mean I can spend £50 on a return ticket to Queen Street, carry my bags across Glasgow to Central Station to get another train.

It'll be even more fun on the way home.

Glad to be subsidising another SNP vanity project.

ever thought about moving to Glasgow it's a wonderful city and you would be nearer the airport and you may perhaps adopt Patrick thistle as your local team

So now Glasgow has a tram that turns into a train as well as an underground and commuter rail network while Aberdeen and Edinburgh can only scrape together between them a pair of shitty bus networks.

YES voters deserve the best.. dont ya think.. :ok::ok: