G.a.r.l. Is Back - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

G.a.r.l. Is Back

Would look good although for that kind of money you could run a free shuttle bus from the Airport to Gilmour St for the next 100 years!

That's what I was thinking. Hard to believe that it is a cheaper option than extending the track, as was proposed last time.

An SNP project that benefits Central Scotland.

I'm shocked.

"The strategic business case for the tram-train and personal rapid transit schemes has been developed by Renfrewshire Council and Glasgow City Council.

It will be put before councillors in both local authorities early next month before going to the Glasgow and Clyde Valley cabinet for approval."

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

Hard to believe that it is a cheaper option than extending the track, as was proposed last time.

It's actually more expensive than last time!

There's an option to extend a normal railway that's 30% cheaper.

The money's coming from the new City Deal funding, and Frank McAveety seems to have a thing for trams...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34931594

As the M8 runs directly from the airport to the city centre the bus only takes 15 / 20 minutes (er, most of the time, traffic permitting...), so I'd question whether G.A.R.L. is the best use of public money (a lot of it) - and I hate buses! Seven quid single on the bus is a scandalous price though.

Do you never use glasgow airport?

Is it really an SNP project?

Absolutely never.

It's about the most inconvenient airport in the world for me.

Must easier/cheaper/quicker to fly down to London and onwards from there.

Luckily this overpriced scheme which I'm paying for will mean I can spend £50 on a return ticket to Queen Street, carry my bags across Glasgow to Central Station to get another train.

It'll be even more fun on the way home.

Glad to be subsidising another SNP vanity project.

"The strategic business case for the tram-train and personal rapid transit schemes has been developed by Renfrewshire Council and Glasgow City Council.

It will be put before councillors in both local authorities early next month before going to the Glasgow and Clyde Valley cabinet for approval."

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

Cheers Flure

As the M8 runs directly from the airport to the city centre the bus only takes 15 / 20 minutes (er, most of the time, traffic permitting...), so I'd question whether G.A.R.L. is the best use of public money (a lot of it) - and I hate buses! Seven quid single on the bus is a scandalous price though.

It is a scandal they charge that,a 40% rise since October 2012

You mean repairing the pavements? It's only aboot 400 yards. You can walk 10 times that distance inside some airports.

Not carrying your luggage though...

A train to paisley to get a tram to the airport seems a bit of a pain in the backside to me.

What is the point in trams anyway? The ones in Edinburgh don't seem to go anywhere that buses can't go, this sounds the same.

If you can't get a train from the airport to the town, what's the point, we already have perfectly inadequate ways of not getting the train from the airport to the town.

Not carrying your luggage though...

A train to paisley to get a tram to the airport seems a bit of a pain in the backside to me.

What is the point in trams anyway? The ones in Edinburgh don't seem to go anywhere that buses can't go, this sounds the same.

If you can't get a train from the airport to the town, what's the point, we already have perfectly inadequate ways of not getting the train from the airport to the town.

No.

The Tram/Train runs to Paisley, and then on to the Airport - on the same train/tram. Glasgow CC to Glasgow Airport with a Paisley stop effectively.