Which Killie Fan Is Responsible - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Which Killie Fan Is Responsible

It's an Airdrie fan.

Them and Ayr have a rivalry. An Ayr fan seemingly reported them 2 years ago.

We got reported by an ayr fan in early 90s and had to change ours.

What goes around comes around I suppose.

I only bother with Ayr when we play them. Bit of an irrelevance these days.

could have 4 games in the league to worry about next season......

Are they still going been that long since I heard about them I thought they had folded or fallen way down the leagues lol. What ever happened to the super Dooper new stadium they were going to build the piggery has been falling down for years

I only bother with Ayr when we play them. Bit of an irrelevance these days.

Sounds a bit like the Motherwell and Hamilton rivalry!

Until reasonably recently I'd never seen Hamilton, for a decent part of my life they didn't even play in Hamilton. I always had a soft spot for them. I grew up with Airdrie being the Lanarkshire Derby, and the Airdrie team of the late 80s and early to mid 90s were an easy team to dislike.

I blame our horrendous recent record against accies on this one way rivalry.

On subject:

The whole Lord Lyon heraldic pish is outdated nonsense, I'm sure every other club (not just football, golf, bowls and the likes) has a heraldic badge of sorts. Who cares?

Sounds a bit like the Motherwell and Hamilton rivalry!

Until reasonably recently I'd never seen Hamilton, for a decent part of my life they didn't even play in Hamilton. I always had a soft spot for them. I grew up with Airdrie being the Lanarkshire Derby, and the Airdrie team of the late 80s and early to mid 90s were an easy team to dislike.

I blame our horrendous recent record against accies on this one way rivalry.

On subject:

The whole Lord Lyon heraldic pish is outdated nonsense, I'm sure every other club (not just football, golf, bowls and the likes) has a heraldic badge of sorts. Who cares?

Nah ours is definitely a rivalry! Just that we rarely play them.

Doubt Motherwell vs Hamilton would get 25k+!

Nah ours is definitely a rivalry! Just that we rarely play them.

Doubt Motherwell vs Hamilton would get 25k+!

5k + would be a push!

:lol:

I don't think that fixture would break 5 figures unless it was a cup final.

:(

We do regularly outnumber them in their own ground though, unfortunately not on the park!

naw Somerset was never for me them two wee sheds at either end and oot in the open as well when pissing down ie when they knocked us oot the cup in 98 although the Tommy burns game was cracker

Where do you like for atmosphere then ?

I always liked an old fashioned sing off, so old Tannadice - remember a 1-1 in the cup up there about 1985 (Ian Bryson late equaliser) being brilliant. Also Cappielow and Firhill for me.

Where do you like for atmosphere then ?

I always liked an old fashioned sing off, so old Tannadice - remember a 1-1 in the cup up there about 1985 (Ian Bryson late equaliser) being brilliant. Also Cappielow and Firhill for me.

aye good grounds for atmosphere cappielow was good right next to the home support as with firhill and as you said tannadice as well the old Dunfermline ground was good also

Out of interest, which team had the larger following that day?

Killie. About 60/40

Unless you listen to Ayr fans who've a habit of being liberal with the truth. But think we sold just over 15,000. Killie gave the actual figure but it was definitely over 15k.

10k is still outstanding for a third tier side. Only dunfermline at a push would get that. Ayr should be in a higher league.

Edited by Squirrelhumper