New Strip Launch - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Strip Launch

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the white sleeves but I'm sure it will grow on me (wonder if Hibs fans went mental in the 30s when we tried to emulate Arsenals and brought in the White sleeves? Which are now Hibs through and through).

The pink one does exactly what a change strip should do, i.e. not clash with the home one. No danger we will clash with England, White sleeves or not.

As has been said, don't like it, don't buy it. I'm sure people were moaning about our last away shirt and that went on to be one of our highest selling shirts of all time!

J

Yeah and it was bowfin too

It's not multi coloured.

It's pink.

Like the pink we wore in our first ever kit.

Traditional enough for you?

Although as I said earlier,it has a modern upgrade to it.

No. Fair enough it's not multi-coloured. But if you polled the support I doubt many would associate bright pink with the national team.

What are the pink shorts? The away shorts are black in the press pictures.

I guess if they are playing a team in dark colours they will wear the pink shorts so as not to clash. Although I think that kit will clash with everything. Summed up today bt me as Scotlands new "mind rapeing" away kit.

Re the away kit, I don't mind it being pink if I assume it is linked to the rosebury colours but for me it just looks like, as others have mentioned a training top/pink t shirt. There's pretty much no other design features gone into it and that's why I'm a bit pissed off with it.

Has anyone seen the current Columbia Adidas kits by the way? They had the best at World Cup 2014 I felt and there new ones are even better. The home one is thir usual yellow with navy trim, has the Chelsea style collar and red flashes on the arms. It's absolutely stunning. Try imagine it in Scotland colours and you would have one of the best tops of all time

Re the away kit, I don't mind it being pink if I assume it is linked to the rosebury colours but for me it just looks like, as others have mentioned a training top/pink t shirt. There's pretty much no other design features gone into it and that's why I'm a bit pissed off with it.

Has anyone seen the current Columbia Adidas kits by the way? They had the best at World Cup 2014 I felt and there new ones are even better. The home one is thir usual yellow with navy trim, has the Chelsea style collar and red flashes on the arms. It's absolutely stunning. Try imagine it in Scotland colours and you would have one of the best tops of all time

I like this one as a home shirt. Switch the yellow for our blue, make the thick blue stripe white and the diagonal pinstripes white or a shadow blue, with the arm stripes also white.

ADB9C14D-B2A2-4860-9F8A-C59A2B125026_zps

Edited by redstevie007

I like this one as a home shirt. Switch the yellow for our blue, make the thick blue stripe white and the diagonal pinstripes white or a shadow blue, with the arm stripes also white.

ADB9C14D-B2A2-4860-9F8A-C59A2B125026_zps

I agree this was an excellent top, their WC 14 one but i reckon their new one is even better. They got 2 excellent kits in a row. Wish folk at Adidas got us mixed up! Edited by JECK

Until I see them first hand I'm reserving judgement on whether to buy but first impressions are....

Home top, not mad keen on the white sleeves but it's the plain panel up the sides that spoils it for me, would have preferred the lines/tartan design to go right round. Liking return to white shorts but prefer red socks. Also does the long sleeved top have white sleeves all the way down or does it revert back to blue?

Away top, nothing against pink but like many have said looks like a training top, too plain for my liking.

I don't think the pink is pink enough although my 4 year old daughter is well impressed.

The white sleeves really bother me. I think if it was any other teams kit I'd quite like it but the white sleeves don't belong on a scotland shirt

Edited by jimi hendrix

Exactly this, a bit of effort with the design, what we have is five-a-side kit with a Scotland badge on it...joke!