Ssc Renewal Information - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal Information

Debian

Well it seems our Debian may have been telling the truth. I've received an email saying I've been given a warning regarding a post I made on here. It didn't go into what post it wast bough. Any further posts similar and I will have my membership revoked for bringing the SSC into disrepute

If that's the case the SSC are bigger c*nts than I took them for (and I had set that bar quite high), Though I should point out that the c*nterry is in addition to their ripping off of fans and general organisational incompetence.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine got banned from the SSC for complaining about the ticket pick up a few years back at an away game.It was a shambles and he let them know.He got home to an email from the SSC informing him of his ban.

A mate of mine got banned from the SSC for complaining about the ticket pick up a few years back at an away game.It was a shambles and he let them know.He got home to an email from the SSC informing him of his ban.

I've a feeling this might have happened to me, without the email mind you. :-))

Generally I've found them polite and have had no hassles at a pick up.there are some amount of zoomers going about and don't see why some feel they have a right to abuse folk at pick ups.it wouldn't be tolerated at my work so why should they?

Generally I've found them polite and have had no hassles at a pick up.there are some amount of zoomers going about and don't see why some feel they have a right to abuse folk at pick ups.it wouldn't be tolerated at my work so why should they?

totally agree been picking up my tickets for the past couple of years and there has definitely been some fuds around

Never had any issues, although Gibraltar could/should have been much better organised. But that doesn't give anyone the right to be abusive.

If anyone was abusive then they deserve to be binned from the SSC. But anyone who wasn't should not be booted out just for making a complaint (if done appropriately).

It's no the lassies' fault. Don't take it out on them. There are better ways to make your feelings known.

Spot on. The SSC staff have always been first class. The problem at pick ups have been rare but are always caused by the arseholes in our support who think they can do and say what they like.

Always thought the SSC staff have been good guys too, a couple of times "going the extra mile", the issue I have is with the upper level not the good guys. The whole thing needs restructured and ran by fans for fans. Sadly I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Never had any issues, although Gibraltar could/should have been much better organised. But that doesn't give anyone the right to be abusive.

If anyone was abusive then they deserve to be binned from the SSC. But anyone who wasn't should not be booted out just for making a complaint (if done appropriately).

It's no the lassies' fault. Don't take it out on them. There are better ways to make your feelings known.

A couple of signs would've been a massive help in Gibraltar, but not even sure that can be put on the SSC.

A couple of signs would've been a massive help in Gibraltar, but not even sure that can be put on the SSC.

Agreed

The bus I was on got there earlier than most but by the time I actually tracked down the pickup point and then got back to the ground and into my seat I had about ten minutes to go before the anthems. Anyone near the back of the queue when I left with my ticket can't possibly have seen the kick off. A couple of signs would've been a massive help to many.

There was a lot of pissed off people in that queue both in front of and behind me and they made their feelings clear but I didn't see any abuse directed towards the staff. If there was anyone abusing them that I didn't see, well I'm sorry but that is out of order. The issues facing us all were not of their doing.

The email with the pickup details should've made it clear where the actual ticket office would be so as to avoid loads of us wandering around searching for it. They should've also had more than one pickup point on the Saturday. I know it was logistically difficult due to the stadium being miles out of town and all the TA being spread around different locations much more so than usual but the SSC bigwigs could've made life a wee bit easier for us all the same.

None of it was the lassies' doling out the tickets fault though, they did a sterling job as always.

Usually I've had no hassle at any pickups recently, Poland twice, Dublin, Nigeria, etc and it's usually a quick two minute job to pick up (mind you the 100% pickup in Kiev was a shambles, and as for Prague....) but again it's never the lassies in the office to blame but they get the brunt of it.

Better organisation ahead of the trip when certain (and usually obvious and foreseeable such as Gibraltar was) logistical challenges present themselves would go a long way towards helping us travelling fans out a wee bit.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

I'm assuming noone from the SSC had been to the stadium in Portugal ahead of time, and took the word of the GFA on what the set-up was, understandably. If I could be bothered I could quite easily write a description that would be true but also make it seem very easy to find the pick-up point.

Agree with the comments about folk moaning, did see a couple of folk having a go at the lassies though, which was uncalled for. One was somebody trying to pick up a ticket for their partner who with their kids standing queueing for the portaloo, which was never going to work - rules is rules, after all

Agreed

The bus I was on got there earlier than most but by the time I actually tracked down the pickup point and then got back to the ground and into my seat I had about ten minutes to go before the anthems. Anyone near the back of the queue when I left with my ticket can't possibly have seen the kick off. A couple of signs would've been a massive help to many.

There was a lot of pissed off people in that queue both in front of and behind me and they made their feelings clear but I didn't see any abuse directed towards the staff. If there was anyone abusing them that I didn't see, well I'm sorry but that is out of order. The issues facing us all were not of their doing.

The email with the pickup details should've made it clear where the actual ticket office would be so as to avoid loads of us wandering around searching for it. They should've also had more than one pickup point on the Saturday. I know it was logistically difficult due to the stadium being miles out of town and all the TA being spread around different locations much more so than usual but the SSC bigwigs could've made life a wee bit easier for us all the same.

None of it was the lassies' doling out the tickets fault though, they did a sterling job as always.

Usually I've had no hassle at any pickups recently, Poland twice, Dublin, Nigeria, etc and it's usually a quick two minute job to pick up (mind you the 100% pickup in Kiev was a shambles, and as for Prague....) but again it's never the lassies in the office to blame but they get the brunt of it.

Better organisation ahead of the trip when certain (and usually obvious and foreseeable such as Gibraltar was) logistical challenges present themselves would go a long way towards helping us travelling fans out a wee bit.

It didn't help that one brass necked fukker and his mutten dressed as spam wife skipped the whole que and got seen to right away Edited by DoonTheSlope

Just for the record, Alison Jack was wonderfully helpful at ticket pick ups for me and the gf....

So full praise to her ...I think she's left now though ??

Sadly neither of us can afford away trips now...can't even afford new passports at the moment.

So if the membership renewal shoots up again we will have to miss out.

Out of interest...with it being a 2 year membership, does that mean if u don't renew then u have to wait for 2 years to join again? Or can membership be taken out in 1 years time for example?

Just for the record, Alison Jack was wonderfully helpful at ticket pick ups for me and the gf....

Sadly neither of us can afford away trips now...can't even afford new passports at the moment.

Out of interest...with it being a 2 year membership, does that mean if u don't renew then u have to wait for 2 years to join again? Or can membership be taken out in 1 years time for example?

think it's 2years or nothing and totally agree aboot Alison

It would all depend on how many rejoin I suppose.

If only 15000 did,then I would assume you could join until they reached their membership cap.

Maybe.

Just got the email through.

£45 / £25 for 'early bird' renewals... don't seem to include any merchandise this year.

Also just been onto the SSC site, and they've not yet put the renewals themselves live yet - doh!

The minutes from the ATAC meeting say there will be a polo shirt in the membership pack.