Ross County/ Celtic Minute Silence - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ross County/ Celtic Minute Silence

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Pricks , the the lot of you, if you cannot observe one minutes silence - then feck off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franco's spirit alive and well.

Some just disrespected a minutes silence, and nae leaves here till we fin oot whit din it!

franco.jpg

It's the modern urge to be seen publicly to grieve.

When Diana died the country was a feckin joke with folk who only ever read the newspaper fictions greetin and beating their chests in public grief. Those who didn't give a toss were "heartless".

More and more folk appear to be addicted to public shows of grief despite not really feeling anything.

It's sad and desperate really.

Good point

That was an extraordinary performance by King yesterday, that of a man out of his depth. I actually agree with those who say that the suggestions of stripping titles is pointless, but King would be best advised to shut his yap for a while if that is the sort of thing he is going to come out with.

Edit. Having said all that, I can talk, posting this in the wrong thread.

Edited by Pool Q

That was an extraordinary performance by King yesterday, that of a man out of his depth. I actually agree with those who say that the suggestions of stripping titles is pointless, but King would be best advised to shut his yap for a while if that is the sort of thing he is going to come out with.

King can be blamed for a lot of things but I don't think it was him that disrupted the minutes silence!!!

Its a strange thing, a country full of emotionally constipated men, who periodically get a laxative such as Remembrance Day. I daresay a lot of soldiers from WW1 would be mortified to see how we are acting nowadays: pillorying someone for not bowing deep enough, bullying people in to wearing poppies, insisting on minutes silences everywhere. Totalitarianism doesn't happen overnight. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and all that...

Its a strange thing, a country full of emotionally constipated men, who periodically get a laxative such as Remembrance Day. I daresay a lot of soldiers from WW1 would be mortified to see how we are acting nowadays: pillorying someone for not bowing deep enough, bullying people in to wearing poppies, insisting on minutes silences everywhere. Totalitarianism doesn't happen overnight. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and all that...

I agree with a lot of what you say. As a forces man of 24 years it makes cringe to hear us generically referred to as 'heroes'. The guys of the two world wars, yes, and a fair number who've fought alongside and saved the lives of colleagues in Iraq and Afghanistan too, but most of us are just ordinary Joe's like anyone else, not heroes.

I take exception to your poppy comment though. No-ones 'bullied' into wearing it. Wear it if you want, don't if you don't.

To be honest the only people I see that seem to go overboard on the poppy thing is the media and minority Rangers fans on the Internet.. In my day to day life I don't see or hear anything about it outwith this.

I'd argue the Rangers fans comment as if it's folk on a message board, well they are all nutters!

The media are a bit holier than though, especially the right wing papers.

Seems to be their way of supporting the Government's policy of being a mercenary for hire to the US.

I agree with a lot of what you say. As a forces man of 24 years it makes cringe to hear us generically referred to as 'heroes'. The guys of the two world wars, yes, and a fair number who've fought alongside and saved the lives of colleagues in Iraq and Afghanistan too, but most of us are just ordinary Joe's like anyone else, not heroes.

I take exception to your poppy comment though. No-ones 'bullied' into wearing it. Wear it if you want, don't if you don't.

Fair dos. I think the poppy bullying was the weakest of those examples.