Ross County/ Celtic Minute Silence - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ross County/ Celtic Minute Silence

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faux outrage alert.

Freedom of speech is allowed is it not?

Apparently the minister at our local event was coughing and sneezing through it today.

I do hope he's sacked in the morning.

Get over yourselves, it's disrespectful yes but so is not standing to the british anthem.

The bed wetters will always look forward to this weekend.

See my post above. I'm not outraged or offended and my beds nice and dry thanks.

Yes, we have freedom of speech but remember it cuts both ways and can still be in bad taste or offensive to others.

Personally I'd rather be a grown up and consider other people's feelings before I make a of myself. :ok:

See my post above. I'm not outraged or offended and my beds nice and dry thanks.

Yes, we have freedom of speech but remember it cuts both ways and can still be in bad taste or offensive to others.

Personally I'd rather be a grown up and consider other people's feelings before I make a of myself. :ok:

You are a precious soul. It wasn't actually aimed at you. I thought your post was decent.

You are a precious soul. It wasn't actually aimed at you. I thought your post was decent.

My mistake. Your post immediately followed mine, hence the assumption.

Again see my previous posts. Not precious mate. Skin of a rhino. :lol:

Faux outrage alert.

Freedom of speech is allowed is it not?

Apparently the minister at our local event was coughing and sneezing through it today.

I do hope he's sacked in the morning.

Get over yourselves, it's disrespectful yes but so is not standing to the british anthem.

The bed wetters will always look forward to this weekend.

Normally the bet wetters are you lot.

Don't wear a poppy if you don't want to. If the silence offends you stay outside but singing and shouting during a minutes silence is scumbag material.

No matter how you dress it up.

Interesting first post lol.

He has a point though.

It seems that Celtic fans only want 'freedom of speech', when it applies to them.

The lengths that some Celtic fans...presumably decent people in normal life.....will go to, to make excuses for dickheads who use the support of a football team as an excuse to step outside the bounds of normal, expected decency, is laughable.

How hard is it to push aside your childish political 'beliefs' for a moment, and just remain quiet for 60 seconds ?

He has a point though.

It seems that Celtic fans only want 'freedom of speech', when it applies to them.

The lengths that some Celtic fans...presumably decent people in normal life.....will go to, to make excuses for dickheads who use the support of a football team as an excuse to step outside the bounds of normal, expected decency, is laughable.

How hard is it to push aside your childish political 'beliefs' for a moment, and just remain quiet for 60 seconds ?

No i'm not disagreeing , just felt it's a bold opening gambit. A wee bit of respect and tolerance of another "culture" especially when it's 60 seconds is hardly wrecking your day.

As everyone always says when you end up defending freedom of speech it's always for some sort of distasteful thing.

I'd say the vast, vast majority did. Pity about the few who didn't but when our fans do observe it impeccably the haters just make stuff up so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Your fans have never observed it impeccably. Its really pathetic that they cant stay quiet. My granda would be appauled and im sure some of his generation who served in the second war and have gome to celtic games all their day really appreciate it. Scum

Your fans have never observed it impeccably. Its really pathetic that they cant stay quiet. My granda would be appauled and im sure some of his generation who served in the second war and have gome to celtic games all their day really appreciate it. Scum

My mate who's ex army and had a season ticket at Celtic gave up going after the blood stained poppy banner.

He now has a season ticket at Kilmarnock; as does his wee boy.

Let's be really clear here. There's no need to stand and in a crowd no need to be fully silent. You can have a quiet normal conversation with anyone next to you if you feel so inclined.

To sing and chant is the act of a moron, as all you're doing is attempting to upset and annoy. It's disrespectful to all those who are maintaining the silence.

I was on a hike in the woods above Lochgoilhead on Sunday at a Scout camp and the minutes silence was observed impeccably by our group of kids aged about 8 and up. Even they know the correct behaviour even if they don't "believe " in the reason behind it.

Lets not forget that quite a lot of Celtic fans travel from Dublin etc.These fans will remember what the British did to their people who stood in a sports ground and were gunned down. I don't condone what happened yesterday or everyother year but I do understand why it happens.

Lets not forget that quite a lot of Celtic fans travel from Dublin etc.These fans will remember what the British did to their people who stood in a sports ground and were gunned down. I don't condone what happened yesterday or everyother year but I do understand why it happens.

The minutes silence is to remember ALL who died in conflicts, not just the British Army. The thick twats were actually disrespectful towards the very people you are talking about.

But hey, that's fine as "it's free speech".

When one of Celtic's Lisbon Lions dies how would these same arseholes react if opposition fans boo during the well deserved minutes silence for their fallen hero?

Yes but they should realise that at the end of the day they are in Britain and its one wee minute to stay silent.

Im not a fan of the british armys history in general, but id at least stay silent for a minute. Irish folk fought in WW2 aswell. Catholics too.

Adults should be able to stay quiet for a minute regardless of their feelings.