Nuj - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BBC reporting that the NUJ have released a letter that basically says that its members are being intimidated and bullied. They cite the 'loud and rowdy' demonstration at the BBC as part of the problem as it could be seen as 'intimidatory and a threat to press freedom'.

DO NOT CHALLENGE THE MSM. DO NOT CHALLENGE THE MSM.

Cheeky fuckin aresholes.

Press freedom is good. Peaceful demonstration is bad.

Please please please can we have a day of reckoning ?

Rowdy, maybe if you were trying to sleep after being on the night shift.

All i saw were families, happy smiling faces, some jokes, laughter and a bit of music.

Not up for a day of reckoning though, we should just move on and enjoy the ride in the new Scotland.

"Propaganda is neutrally defined as a systematic form of purposeful persuasion that attempts to influence the emotions, attitudes, opinions, and actions of specified target audiences for ideological, political or commercial purposes through the controlled transmission of one-sided messages (which may or may not be factual) via mass and direct media channels. A propaganda organization employs propagandists who engage in propagandism—the applied creation and distribution of such forms of persuasion."

They are not journalists when they are doing this.

Most journalists at the Beeb will have no editorial control and are just doing what they have been asked to by their bosses, who, in turn, are just doing have been asked to by their bosses, who are just doing what they have been told to by ... well, no prizes for guessing.

I even have it on pretty good authority that there are folk who work at BBC Scotland who are pro-Yes, just as at any other workplace.

However, if junior BBC staff are being harassed - and I have seen no evidence that they have been - then that is unacceptable. I personally bear no ill will to any hack who is just doing his or her job but it is as plain as day that something is rotten in the upper echelons of the BBC, and there is nothing wrong with folk pointing that out; peacefully, of course.

I thought the Yes samba band with the hot girl dancing was particularly terrifying.

Probably not so terrifying, but certainly a cultural attack intended to stifle the freedom of the press. A perfect example of how YES mobs are intimidating people with their organised thuggery.

I'll be surprised if you see Jim Murphy on the streets again at this rate. Obviously not safe for him out there with this sort of threat rolling it's rythmic hips in his direction.

I'm not sure if it was my two year old or my five year old that was doing the intimidation. I knew we were being lied to by the press, but I cannot believe how this has been twisted. I saw children with mothers and fathers, working class, middle class, people with obviously different political views mixing peacefully, singing songs etc. If that is intimidation, then I despair.

Come on now, let's take this is seriously, the 4 lassies who sounded like american indians when they were singing might have suddenly launched a salvo of arrows at the windows.

And the YES campaign cannot provide answers on whether or not this might happen.

Once again they cannot provide the facts. We need to know, and I hold Alex Salmond responsible for failing to lay out what the future holds for me, and I'm a fuckin Taurus ! How hard can it be ?

Jeremy vine was talking about it on his show today he ended up having to in through the side door but he was amazed by the great atmosphere in the protest. Even managed to get closer to the truth about how many there was protesting ( TS said thanks as bbc were saying only 300 were there)