Coffee - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup basically all I drink is coffee. Just buy a big tub of supermarkets gold roast for the everyday cups but got a tassimo with the flavoured Costa latte pods for special occasions. Would drink the latte all the time but it would bankrupt me lol

yup - delonghi bean to cup machine for me, got last january sales after my old one gave up after 5 years

get beans delivered every week from has bean, the are roasted the day before

the beans u get in supermarket etc could have been roasted months before

fresh is best, coffee has proven health benefits and i don t excercise without a double shot first!

yup - delonghi bean to cup machine for me, got last january sales after my old one gave up after 5 years

get beans delivered every week from has bean, the are roasted the day before

the beans u get in supermarket etc could have been roasted months before

fresh is best, coffee has proven health benefits and i don t excercise without a double shot first!

Got any recommendations on beans?

You sir, are a konasoor. Must have been something in the water where you grew up ;)

I see that Steven Naismith is paying for the Christmas lights.

Got any recommendations on beans?

Any beans on that website really, i used to go on and buy 4-5 packets at a time

but i do now is buy a couple/few of 12 month subscription packs

they send out a different coffee every month ( so i get every one/two weeks)

pros

you dont have to remember to order beans ( running out would be a serious situation)

they choose different coffee every time

free postage this way

one pack is delivered fresh as oppossed to having three packs sitting waiting to be used in your kitchen

cons

you have to pay the £70 upfront

Any beans on that website really, i used to go on and buy 4-5 packets at a time

but i do now is buy a couple/few of 12 month subscription packs

they send out a different coffee every month ( so i get every one/two weeks)

pros

you dont have to remember to order beans ( running out would be a serious situation)

they choose different coffee every time

free postage this way

one pack is delivered fresh as oppossed to having three packs sitting waiting to be used in your kitchen

cons

you have to pay the £70 upfront

What weight is each pack?

I love the idea of coffee. I love the smell of coffee. I've tried to drink it in various different formats over the years and can't get past the fact that it tastes rank rotten!

Exactly. I've really tried, I love the smell, but the closest I can come to finding one I like is Chocca Mocca. I know, I'm a Philistine.

I watched a programme about that wee coffee bean-shitting mammal. Think they said the coffee was about £800 a cup. They sell it to private jets and the like.

Exactly. I've really tried, I love the smell, but the closest I can come to finding one I like is Chocca Mocca. I know, I'm a Philistine.

I watched a programme about that wee coffee bean-shitting mammal. Think they said the coffee was about £800 a cup. They sell it to private jets and the like.

You just don't want it enough yet. I jest, but I have gone through a real change over the years, in terms of my tastes, and I now think a lot of it is mental conditioning. I remember laughing about food and tastes with my Dad when I was in my 20's and starting to experiment with 'foreign muck' type foods. My Dad was a butcher and he made haggis, black pudding etc, but was very xenophobic in his culinary tastes, as was my Mum. Everything was very plain foodwise in our house. Meat and veg. Chip pan. White bread. Cheddar cheese. Steak burnt to a crisp.

I made a conscious decision to take the attitude that stuff like red wine, olives, blue cheese, rare steak, spices etc......must all be good stuff if all those foreigners were quite happy to get wired in, so I willed myself to get over any Scottish/British mental squeamishness. Had my first steak tartare, and sea slug/snail thingies in our last trip to France (Montpellier),

Anyway, I must be half Italian as I pretty much can't do anything until I have my espresso after getting up !