Villnius - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Villnius

bunnet

I had already started a thread on this but has went missing...... anyway I'm heading there tomorrow for a few days with mrs Bunnet. I'm quite looking forward to it and after changing hotels my full trip for two days is £150 flights and hotels.

What are the must sees and don't do ??

I'm staying in the heart of the old town next to the Gates of Dawn. I like a wee museum jaunt, spent hrs in them in Georgia this year much to the dismay of the Mrs lol

Edited by bunnet

Pool Q Domus maria it is. What a tranquil lovely hotel, I wonder if they will take my booking for Sept 17 !!! The kgb museum was shut yesterday for all saints day and doesn't open on a Mon and Tue. I think today will be a general stoat aboot drinking beer.

• 4 years later...

Take the short train out to the outskirts. Out to a place called Paneriai. Find the way to the Jewish extermination pits in the middle of the forest there. Probably the most harrowing thing I’ve ever done in my life. Deadly silent, not a soul around. It’s only 20 minutes on the train but it is the middle of nowhere and it was here where tens of thousands were exterminated. They still have some old apparatus they used inside the pits.