Emotional Rollercoaster - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Emotional Rollercoaster

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm papping it- I get heartened by the amount of 'yes' posters I see around Fife but then I hear some "what if" worrier on the radio saying he/she is going to vote no cos they think it's too risky and I get all down about it, and feel sad for their lack of belief in themselves and their country.

we are a mature, vibrant, intelligent and creative nation that can flourish.

please don't let my daughter read about this in school in years to come and have her asking me why we didn't grasp this opportunity!

YES

The build up reminds me so much of the lead up to the Italy game in 2007. That week I just couldn't concentrate on anything else. It will really hit home on polling day.

Just hope the outcome is different to the one we suffered against the Italians.

Its that but multiplied by 100 at least.

can somebody tell me how its going up North ? Aberdeen and the rural areas roundabout ?

Here in Edinburgh where I always thought we would lose about 55-45 and still win the referendum we are nowhere near 10 points behind. I become increasingly convinced we are going to come very close in Edinburgh. Winning it is not impossible. I hear great things from Dundee and Glasgow but nothing about Aberdeen

?

Work in Aberdeen, live in the shire. I'm absolutely convinced it'll be a No in both by 55+.

Many yes signs everywhere, but everyone I speak to are dead against salmond /snp and fearful of separation.

Can't see it up here. Farmers, fishermen and oiler pretty much No's for one reason or another

Edited by flumax

The YES ones really cheer you up, but it’s the total absence of posters in most windows that makes me wonder how strong or widespread the support is.

I know a lot of Yes people and virtually none of them have signs in the window or on cars etc...

Work in Aberdeen, live in the shire. I'm absolutely convinced it'll be a No in both by 55+.

Many yes signs everywhere, but everyone I speak to are dead against salmond /snp and fearful of separation.

Bit odd given that's the area of his constituency

Can't see it up here. Farmers, fishermen and oiler pretty much No's for one reason or another

repeat again - aberdeen is full of greedy, i'm allright jack, small minded feckers (from an aberdonian ) - really disappointed in some people i know from primary school

The Sun, pollsters and bookmakers are all predicting a no victory.

With occasional exceptions, they rarely get in wrong in predicting election results. The only real difference with this one is the possible influence of social media.

I'm expecting a no result on friday morning.

Edited by fraz65

I live down south and I'm absolutely cacking myself. I have nothing but respect for those of you who've gone out, campaigned, canvassed, and did your bit for Yes back home. I've tried to play my part through social media etc., and know I've managed to convert at least two people from No to Yes.

I'm dreading a No vote, because if that's the way it falls, it'll be unbearable down here. Thankfully I've got Friday-Sunday off work so I'll miss the immediate fallout, but I don't want there to be any...

I'm another as well who's all over the place confidence-wise. One minute I'm convinced that Yes will win it by a canter, the next I'm sure it'll be a No. All I can do now is pray for a Yes...

One more day of work tomorrow then getting the train through at 5pm to hit George sq at 6pm, Wednesday pitching in with everything from admin to driving and polling duty/taxi driving on election day. Finished of an extra couple of streets leafletting tonight in Ratho. Was in an old established council house area, 6 Yes signs, one No sign.

I am a pessimist first and foremost, its my way of coping but I am literally in tears thinking about that moment of YES victory.

Edited by giblet

It's the uncontrollable David v Goliath nature of it that is causing these feelings.

On one hand, we feel good when we are able to convince somebody of the merits of a Yes vote. But on the other hand we have the juggernaut of lies and fear emanating from the media. Somehow, we are managing to compete with this but it's still a massive mountain to climb.

Look out for New Year honours for all the 'business leaders' who have come out in support of No following wankstain Cameron's intervention.

If we do win this, whether it be by 1 or 1 million votes, my faith in the inhabitants of this nation will be restored and will never questioned again.

One more day of work tomorrow then getting the train through at 5pm to hit George sq at 6pm, Wednesday pitching in with everything from admin to driving and polling duty/taxi driving on election day. Finished of an extra couple of streets leafletting tonight in Ratho. Was in an old established council house area, 6 Yes signs, one No sign.

I am a pessimist first and foremost, its my way of coping but I am literally in tears thinking about that moment of YES victory.

There will be tears either way. It will either be the most joyous or debilitating moment ever.

I'm trying not to think too much about the moment when the fate of the nation will eventually become clear. I just get too emotional when I think about it

Who will fund Scottish pensions, will you sort out all the free handouts to all the central belt third generation scrounges, food prices will rise and traditional industries will suffer increased costs and taxation ! Where will an increase in employment come from with companies shrinking ? Who will defend us when you axe our defence resources ?

kind of crap i have seen on someones facebook from aberdeen voting no

I am a bag of nerves been out for the last two weeks doing leaflet drops and done first ever canvassing tonight.(not easy suffering depression)

every time I pass or hear a yes I think this is it we can then a no back to square one.

surviving on about 4hrs sleep and been in tears umpteen times this week the only thing that keeps me going

is if its no I can say to my 3 year old son Fraser when he is older son i tried my best for your future while your grandparents want this for you.

If its yes i can say we done it you have a voice get out there and tell the world what you want in life.

The Sun, pollsters and bookmakers are all predicting a no victory.

With occasional exceptions, they rarely get in wrong in predicting election results. The only real difference with this one is the possible influence of social media.

I'm expecting a no result on friday morning.

I think the bookies can only quote on what they have knowledge about - I dont think they know much about a scottish referendum

example

http://www.bookmakers1.com/holeinonegang.html

To use a football analogy, at the moment it feels like Yes have taken the lead in the 89th minute of a cup final that No had been winning comfortably for most of the game. We are now into injury time and No have sent their big carthorse of a centre-half up front to win a few headers. No are currently punting high balls into the box and some of them are resulting in corners, which Yes are just about scrambling away.

I am a bag of nerves already and it is only Monday! :lol:

I am a bag of nerves been out for the last two weeks doing leaflet drops and done first ever canvassing tonight.(not easy suffering depression)

every time I pass or hear a yes I think this is it we can then a no back to square one.

surviving on about 4hrs sleep and been in tears umpteen times this week the only thing that keeps me going

is if its no I can say to my 3 year old son Fraser when he is older son i tried my best for your future while your grandparents want this for you.

If its yes i can say we done it you have a voice get out there and tell the world what you want in life.

If Yes does ultimately fail then it won't be through a lack of effort. Everyone who has been involved can at least take pride in the fact that they gave it a damn good go.

Loads on Strathearn further down, and 2 big wobbly stick flags in gardens. A lot of stickers in windaes closer to Forthill Road. After that I lost interest as I was salivating at the thought of my impending pint in the Fish. And meeting my lovely wife also. (Punching WAY above my weight.)

My local. No doubt we've been in there at the same time without knowing it.

To use a football analogy, at the moment it feels like Yes have taken the lead in the 89th minute of a cup final that No had been winning comfortably for most of the game. We are now into injury time and No have sent their big carthorse of a centre-half up front to win a few headers. No are currently punting high balls into the box and some of them are resulting in corners, which Yes are just about scrambling away.

I am a bag of nerves already and it is only Monday! :lol:

Scotland v Liechtenstein and a very late 97th minute winner !

Trying to keep myself away from the telly just now. The bias just makes me angry. I'm in South Ayrshire and I reckon we'll return a solid no vote unfortunately. Too many old folk who vote tory and just can't see past the union. My work is extremely pro union, which is thoroughly depressing. It is the facebook yes groups from different parts of the country where I get my encouragement that we might do this. I think it'll be a no on Friday morning though. I'm mentally prepared for it, but it'll still hurt. The gloating from the establishment and the no voters will be excruciating. I'll just have to accept it as the democratic will of the people. As others have said, I'd be a lot less bitter about a no vote if the media were being fair.