Wanky Phrases - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

12 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Are you Irish? :banghead:

Maybe it's got something to do with all the Guinness that you drink?

When I was working over your way a few years back I got speaking to this old American couple. Really nice folk. They thought I was German. Not only that, they thought that I was speaking German. Not speaking with a German accent, they actually thought I was speaking German. Even though they could understand almost every word I said. They had never been outside of the USA, never had a passport and had never seen the ocean "except in the movies". 

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe it's got something to do with all the Guinness that you drink?

When I was working over your way a few years back I got speaking to this old American couple. Really nice folk. They thought I was German. Not only that, they thought that I was speaking German. Not speaking with a German accent, they actually thought I was speaking German. Even though they could understand almost every word I said. They had never been outside of the USA, never had a passport and had never seen the ocean "except in the movies". 

When I’m not being told I’m Irish I’m being asked if I’m German or Aussie. They don’t know what any of those accents sound like, they’re just guessing. I’m often complimented on learning English in order to move to the US from Scotland.

10 minutes ago, Ormond said:

When I’m not being told I’m Irish I’m being asked if I’m German or Aussie. They don’t know what any of those accents sound like, they’re just guessing. I’m often complimented on learning English in order to move to the US from Scotland.

Shame you never completed the evening classes.

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What does @Orraloon even mean? It sounds like Cilla Black talking aboot a sheep shagger

Don’t like skiing, the difference between god and a skier is god doesn’t think he’s a skier

50% of skiing is about looking good.  The other 50% is about knowing you look good......

36 minutes ago, phart said:

Never thought I would post in here, however, got into a debate with a yank who self-identified as "Churchillian"

So: "Churchillian"

What his interpretation of that ?

A fat cigar, smoking, grumpy, alcoholic insomniac ?

21 minutes ago, fringo said:

What his interpretation of that ?

A fat cigar, smoking, grumpy, alcoholic insomniac ?

Probably some stoic seer who could win wars single-handedly or something, as opposed to an ill-informed, poorly read, regurgitator of MSM talking points.

2 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Have you won Twitter yet?

Nope, nor am i going to. The go to Twitter move for anyone i start to debate is to say i'm a kremlin bot and then block me.

All twitter has reminded me is how many sheep we have who just baaa whatever it is they seen on the TV, be it from BBC or RT etc.