Wanky Phrases - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

I had a boss who used to yell at me down the phone, usually while he was driving:-

"My cock is out on the wing"

Still no idea where that one comes from, he did play rugby...

naw Charles mycock was a winger in the 1933 arsenal team captained by Charles(charlie)Charles

This kind of ever more prominent Scottish trait of finding everything embarrassing/cringy/wanky and the fear of being judged that way is part of the reason why there are no more songs sung at Hampden.

Is it . Nobody sings because the football is shite.

All these pishy txt things like lol and IMO. I dint know what most of them mean.

I had a mate who you used to just put random acronyms at the end of text messages to wind folk up. My favourite was IOTBHYE. When I asked him what the he was talking about he clarified "I'm on the bus, how's your elbow"!!

I had an interview the day, and had nae idea what the was speaking about - walked oot.

My dad knew someone that walked out when he was asked why his higher results weren't that good.

He had a PHD in nuclear physics and didn't want to work for someone that asked such stupid questions.