Wanky Phrases - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

"We'll take this offline"

Used by managers(dictators) in my work during staff "huddles" when they preach about how to do the job yet never once been on the tools in there puff. They are then challenged by members of staff and they haven't a clue what to say so it's normally "yeah, totally understand, we'll take this offline and I'll pick up with you at some point"

They never ever pick up with anyone

Anyone who puts "dotcom" at the end of something, in an attempt to be funny, needs a boot in the baws.

Likewise anyone who puts "not" at the end of a sentence to indicate that they actually mean the opposite of what they've just said. That was mildly amusing in Wayne's World in 1992 you bawsack, leave it there and move on.

"Huddle" meaning a staff meeting about utter shite

"I'll pick up with...(insert name)"

"Annual leave" nut, just off. There's actually s in my work who say they are going on annual leave

"Lunch" it's dinner - usually said by posh twat torys

"Dinner" it's tea - see above

"A few beers" - to qualify I mean the people who drink lager or spirits yet still like to say they are going for a few beers because it's "cool"

"The movies" - it's the pictures. I can just about handle the cinema

"commercial break" - away ti'

"Yeah" "sweet" "totally" ✊??

Edit: Yes I am a crabbit

Edited by DoonTheSlope

"Huddle" meaning a staff meeting about utter shite

"I'll pick up with...(insert name)"

"Annual leave" nut, just off. There's actually s in my work who say they are going on annual leave

"Lunch" it's dinner - usually said by posh twat torys

"Dinner" it's tea - see above

"A few beers" - to qualify I mean the people who drink lager or spirits yet still like to say they are going for a few beers because it's "cool"

"The movies" - it's the pictures. I can just about handle the cinema

"commercial break" - away ti'

"Yeah" "sweet" "totally" ✊??

Edit: Yes I am a crabbit

Dinner/tea - well said, that's one of mine. Feels just plane wrong with me if someone mentions dinner as their tea.

Edinburgh folk (aka "posh twat tories") annoy me in this respect a lot.

Edited by JECK