Sliema To Stadium Return - Page 2 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sliema To Stadium Return

DeeRus

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, I'm not going to hold anyone to what they've requested but everyone who's posted, has their seats reserved.

I think that's a running total of 53 seats - might be plus one if deecie would confirm if this mode of transport is acceptable :wave:

I'll leave this post open for anyone to keep adding names/numbers to.

To reconfirm my answers to those who've asked:

the cost is as advised and no payments until much nearer the time

Paul

Hi Deerus, looks like I am getting ripped off, what company are you using. I had a quote for the 2 luxury double deckers. Price quoted was €1050 per bus, with 87 seats.

I've lived in Malta on and off for nearly 4 years and have never once seen a double decker coach.

Nor a luxury one! I'll keep an eye open for them, but the coaches are the run-of-the-mill single deckers with around 50 seats.

The tourist bus is a double decker right enough.

And for that price, you're getting ripped off big time. I'd estimate hiring a coach for 5 hours should cost between €200 and €300.

Everyone who's posted,that's you included in the running total of 81.

I've been back in contact and have confirmed three 53 seat coaches with the company - I'd initially provisionally booked but in view of the numbers, decided to make the booking.

As per my original post, no payment just now and the price remains the same

Cheers

Paul

Edited by DeeRus

Everyone who's posted,that's you included in the running total of 81.

I've been back in contact and have confirmed three 53 seat coaches with the company - I'd initially provisionally booked but in view of the numbers, decided to make the booking.

As per my original post, no payment just now and the price remains the same

Cheers

Paul

many thanks for your hard work

Thanks everyone - all who've posted, have their requests included in the updated running total of 94 seats

I've emailed a bar in Sliema, which looks a decent meeting point as its on a main road and the buses could pick up/drop us off there, to see if they're up for being used as the meeting point.

I've positioned it in terms of, if they are wanting our custom:

• Can they comfortably cope with circa 150 thirsty Scotsmen and women and keep the drinks flowing with minimal waiting time to get served
  • On the basis of the buses dropping off back there, at circa 22.15/22.30, again are they going to be staffed up to cope with the demand
  • What time would they be open till or if its to suit our needs, to what time CAN they open till

Again, to be transparent, I’ve suggested that whilst some people making arrangements for around 150 people, might be looking for a fee to put this business their way (in addition of drinks promos etc), that it would be more suitable if they made any offer, as a donation to a chosen charity, instead of a personal payment – if any payment is offered, I would be asking them to make the payment directly to the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal.

Hope the work on a meeting point works out but just as importantly, that everyone can see (that like the coaches), there is no personal gain for anyone involved :ok:

Paul

Edited by DeeRus