"and That M'lord Is Why Chris Hoy Is A Fuckin Legend" - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"and That M'lord Is Why Chris Hoy Is A Fuckin Legend"

Football, rugby, Andy Murray, ( and I do genually love the guy) Rangers, Celtic.......... Take yer ####in pick over the years, there's always some kind of gut wrenching heartbreak story, reason why they didn't succeed when push comes to shove, when they really have to deliver. And 9 times out of ten they don't! I'm genually starting think it's in our DNA that we don't know how to deal with pressure , a country full of shite bags in a sporting environment that can't handle the pressure!!! That's why Chris hoy is exception to the rule, and a ####in God , because he did produce when it really mattered, when push came to shove, when it was time to deliver. More often than not......... He did.

........ Glad you asked! Because when they did/ do qualify for Europe they also let you down due to some hertbreak story, weather it's trying to fly the flag for Scotland to get out of the champs league qualifiers or the chancce of a last 16 they will let you down by hook or by crook more often than not because being Scottish = distinctively average, there's always some hard luck story involved why they didn't succeed ....... Trust me!

But this isn't about Rangers/ Celtic it's about Scottish sport teams/ individuals as a whole , we just can't and don't deliver when it really matters.

........ Glad you asked! Because when they did/ do qualify for Europe they also let you down due to some hertbreak story, weather it's trying to fly the flag for Scotland to get out of the champs league qualifiers or the chancce of a last 16 they will let you down by hook or by crook more often than not because being Scottish = distinctively average, there's always some hard luck story involved why they didn't succeed ....... Trust me!

I do believe you, I just don't think those 2 clubs are good examples of Scottishness.

But I'm being both pedantic and bitter. :lol:

But this isn't about Rangers/ Celtic it's about Scottish sport teams/ individuals as a whole , we just can't and don't deliver when it really matters.

You're not incorrect there.

Look at the rest of our clubs pitiful performances over the last 30 years and that's just in football!!

Its not just not delivering - it's a whole catalogue of last minute blunders/chokes - both in football and rugby

I doubt any nation on earth has contributed to its own sporting demise more than we have

Football, rugby, Andy Murray, ( and I do genually love the guy) Rangers, Celtic.......... Take yer ####in pick over the years, there's always some kind of gut wrenching heartbreak story, reason why they didn't succeed when push comes to shove, when they really have to deliver. And 9 times out of ten they don't! I'm genually starting think it's in our DNA that we don't know how to deal with pressure , a country full of shite bags in a sporting environment that can't handle the pressure!!! That's why Chris hoy is exception to the rule, and a ####in God , because he did produce when it really mattered, when push came to shove, when it was time to deliver. More often than not......... He did.

Wimbledon, US Open and Olympic gold winner Murray? First male Brit to win Wimbledon in what 75 years and consistently top 4 in the world? Just happens to be up against the brilliance of Federer (earlier) and now Djokovic. Bizarre inclusion. Off the top of my head, how does the likes of Montgomery, Lyle, Obree, Nicol, Hendry, Higgins, McColgan, Wells, Watt, etc over the last 30 years or so sit alongside your Hoy wankfest?

Murrsy? You for real?

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Agree about Hoy. Consistently delivered. Huge success. Best in the world. Also comes across as a genuinely nice bloke and got the Commonwealth baton opened when the Malaysian dude was struggling.

So much of a great Scottish icon he refused to cycle for Scotland in the Commonwealth games in India 4 years prior to Glasgow.

Was nice of you to help them oot. I presume you had some down time in between harvests ?

Aye, tattie season had been postponed for a bit and being an upstanding member of the community, I whipped off the blue bolier suit for a white one.