Gordon Strachan Signs A New 4 Year Deal - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gordon Strachan Signs A New 4 Year Deal

Debian

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat England and qualify for the World Cup.

May as well dream...

Gordon Strachan's Tartan Army!

Up for that.

But sadly not going to happen is it !

Be same old great game at Wembley just beat but great go...

Hampden alot of boooooooooooing and a beating.

And the media and Strachan will lap it up pages of it strachan every where...

Good on em but Scotland still beat imo.

Glad the wee man is staying but where i was in the west stand for the poland game no one was clapping at full time.Folk either slumped in their seats,headed for the exits or stared in to space in disbelief.I sat in my seat for 5 minutes staring into space and then headed out with a few tears in my eyes.It was the worst i have ever felt after a scotland game including seeing us lose to england.So all i can to say to the wee man from the bottom of my heart is DONT PUT US THROUGH THAT AGAIN IT WAS HORRENDOUS.

I was in the north stand and the atmosphere around me was kinda weird. We all knew that Ireland were winning and we were hoping for a Germany equaliser. We also knew that their game was a few minutes behind ours, so there was more time for that to happen.

A lot of folk didn't understand what an Ireland victory meant to our qualification hopes. I tried to explain to a few folk around me that we would still have a sight chance of a playoff spot even if Ireland won but the most important thing for us was to hold on for a victory of our own. Then bang, 2-2 and it was all over. I don't think everybody realised that we were out.

Glad Strachan is staying.

As I said somewhere else, I think the England games are a great chance to take points off a top seed side. I'm not saying it will be easy but I would still think it still more of a chance than against, say, Germany, Belgium (certainly at the time we faced them), Spain, Netherlands, and Italy.

Glad Strachan is staying.

As I said somewhere else, I think the England games are a great chance to take points off a top seed side. I'm not saying it will be easy but I would still think it still more of a chance than against, say, Germany, Belgium (certainly at the time we faced them), Spain, Netherlands, and Italy.

Aren't England the only side to finish with a 100% record?

England usually beat the team's they should beat.

Was always on the cards given the pishiest of pishy pish easy groups they got handed to them.

I'd have fancied our chances of winning 10/10 against that lot.

Historically Scotland punched above their weight against England - local derby being a leveller and all that

However admittedly our more recent form against them has been more going by what you'd expect on paper

I wonder if confidence has been irreversibly eroded in the last 20 years of Premiership and Champions League, and Scotland non-qualification... realism

But certainly in the mythical good old days, psychologically, we'd always think we'd have a chance of winning against England on our day, home or away...

Was always on the cards given the pishiest of pishy pish easy groups they got handed to them.

I'd have fancied our chances of winning 10/10 against that lot.

Careful, they had Slovenia and Lithuania who are in the group with us next time. I'd bet that we don't take 12 points of those two teams.

Strachan will only succeed if he's wiling to either give new players a chance or change his and the players attitude. Accepting draws against rivals has to go, we have to go out to win matches.

This won't go down well but the fans have to do the same regarding attitude.

Strachan will only succeed if he's wiling to either give new players a chance or change his and the players attitude. Accepting draws against rivals has to go, we have to go out to win matches.

????????

Excellent post

This is true. Especially about the new players coming into the team.

Just like Strachan is highly reluctant to drop Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher and Alan Hutton - so too are some of the fans if I'm honest.

It's time to for some players to stand aside now and let new ones have a go.

This is true. Especially about the new players coming into the team.

Just like Strachan is highly reluctant to drop Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher and Alan Hutton - so too are some of the fans if I'm honest.

It's time to for some players to stand aside now and let new ones have a go.

Darren Fletcher has barely played? Hutton is our best option at right back.

Theast one depends if Scott Brown returns to his normal self.