1 Mistake In 10 Games... - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 Mistake In 10 Games...

ScotlandFanMuir

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we played them both at home after we'd secured the head to head against Ireland but don't forget that the head to head could have ended up being against any of the 3 times. I agree we could probably have gone hell for leather against Germany as we had already lost to them and to extent I think we did. I do understand not going gung ho against Poland though. The draw we got would have been enough to see us through to the play off if Ireland hadn't beat Germany and no one saw that coming.

Wow. Both at home as well. Should have been kitchen sink efforts... were they?

Given Ireland's success against the huns I think nil points for us over 2 legs was probably a case of far too much respect. Poland was a missed point (we win one they win one instead of two draws).

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I was merely saying that you were agreeing with a post that essentially just said it was a failure. I feel that my posts at least tried to explain why it wasn't a failure.

Okay bud.I explained why I thought it was a failure on previous threads and couldn,t be bothered or saw any reason to regurgitate it

No we're not. We're realistic. We can't go from what we were playing under Levein and Burley to expecting to qualify from a tough group. Walk before you can run. We needed to get back to actually playing football and at least trying to win and not just turn up playing not to get beat in the hope we might nick something.

Anyone who believed that we could qualify was on only the back of what Strachan did to turn us around and make us more positive in our play. Any manager needs time to build a successful team and Strachan is the only man for the job.

Don't think many are saying or were expecting automatic qualification but a play off spot should not have been beyond us