Rangers V Ict - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers V Ict

Got me there, every SPFL club is rolling in money and don't need bigger crowds thanks commercial wizardry of Neil Doncaster.

Other clubs don't have the same fan base.

Perhaps if we could attract crowds of 50,000 or even 15,000 to a few more grounds scottish football would be in a better state?

Instead we have 2 clubs that can get 50,000, 3 that get 10-20,000 and the rest that average 5-6000 or less.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps if we could attract crowds of 50,000 or even 15,000 to a few more grounds scottish football would be in a better state?

I remember being in Fir Park on Texaco Cup nights when there were 30,000 there but that's history, if the clubs in the 3,000 - 6,000 home gate range could attract 8,000 then the game would be in a better state. However unfortunately I can't see that happening, price cuts have been tried and didn't work and apart from that there's aren't many "levers" left, the most obvious experiment would be to try a season without any TV coverage and see what happens but I think there's just too much competition from other forms of entertainment (that don't involve getting cold and wet and where you're treated like a customer not a criminal).

Yeah!

You're spot on.

Attendances have dropped and one thing I've noticed is away supports, lots of teams used to bring big crowds if they were playing well, particularly Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and the Dundee sides, but those occasions seem few and far between now.

The away fan at football is the most neglected customer anywhere!

Imagine you went to the cinema and got herded like cattle, got a crap view, poor facilities, cold, wet...

Not to mention the continual reduction in quality while the price increases.

The world has changed and football at Scottish domestic level hasn't adapted at all.

Yeah!

You're spot on.

Attendances have dropped and one thing I've noticed is away supports, lots of teams used to bring big crowds if they were playing well, particularly Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and the Dundee sides, but those occasions seem few and far between now.

Imagine you went to the cinema and got herded like cattle, got a crap view, poor facilities, cold, wet...

The world has changed and football at Scottish domestic level hasn't adapted at all.

Wouldn't disagree with a word of that.

Yeah!

You're spot on.

Spot on with that mate