Rangers V Ict - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers V Ict

Tomorrow evening in the League Cup. Not sure if ICT will play their first choice 11 but another last time they slaughtered us at Ibrox. Apart from the win against Motherwell our record against top flight teams is shocking since we left the top level. Doubt there will be many there for a host of reasons including the boycott, pricing and CL footy on TV. I think it will be a decent game though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow evening in the League Cup. Not sure if ICT will play their first choice 11 but another last time they slaughtered us at Ibrox. Apart from the win against Motherwell our record against top flight teams is shocking since we left the top level. Doubt there will be many there for a host of reasons including the boycott, pricing and CL footy on TV. I think it will be a decent game though.

I take it this one is not on the telly?

Apart from the win against Motherwell our record against top flight teams is shocking since we left the top level.

You've no divine right to be beating top flight teams when you're plying your trade in division 3, 2 and the championship! :lol:

You've no divine right to be beating top flight teams when you're plying your trade in division 3, 2 and the championship! :lol:

I don't think he said we did? However as people constantly point out our wage bill is the 2nd highest in the country so with that in mind I don't think it's unreasonable for Rangers fans to expect better performances, if not necessarily wins, against the "top" teams as opposed to abysmal displays and spankings that we've witnessed.

Yet again it's a no win situation for Rangers fans. If say we expect a result we get told we've got a superiority complex and that we're a wee club etc. If we say we don't think we'll win we get the wage bill thrown in our faces.

I've got to admit in the last couple of games Rangers have been playing the best I've seen them play in the past two and a bit seasons, there's a not enough data to suggest there's a trend but given the unremitting shite that we've played it's been a pleasant change.

Is this due to, or in spite of, Ally's influence, do you think?

Is this due to, or in spite of, Ally's influence, do you think?

To be honest given the apparent lack of influence he's had I doubt if it's Ally, it's more likely to be some good old fashioned self-interest on the part of the players who may feel they'll be looking for a new employer in the near future and are pulling out some shop window performances.

To be honest given the apparent lack of influence he's had I doubt if it's Ally, it's more likely to be some good old fashioned self-interest on the part of the players who may feel they'll be looking for a new employer in the near future and are pulling out some shop window performances.

Ta

I've got to admit in the last couple of games Rangers have been playing the best I've seen them play in the past two and a bit seasons, there's a not enough data to suggest there's a trend but given the unremitting shite that we've played it's been a pleasant change.

Friday night was as about the best 90 min performance we have delivered for 2 years. Appreciate the opposition was Raith Rovers but we looked a lot fitter and actually played with purpose.

Our game against them at Starks Park was a stroll in the park. They were disorganised and I've rarely seen a team allow another side so much space and time to play the ball, just about anyone could have looked good against them. If they were anything like that against Rangers, then I'd be cautious about reading much if anything into it.

Our game against them at Starks Park was a stroll in the park. They were disorganised and I've rarely seen a team allow another side so much space and time to play the ball, just about anyone could have looked good against them. If they were anything like that against Rangers, then I'd be cautious about reading much if anything into it.

I don't think anyone is.

I'll raise 6 games in Europe including 4 against top competition (and 5 home games on the trot with 15,000 plus in attendance).

Jings, I was kidding! :-)

But to compare home attendances isn't realistic at all. Not when you take into account Aberdeen's catchment never mind their city! But then it does seem to be an obsession with Dons on here to have a jizz fest over attendances. You do know comparing the respective cities of Aberdeen and Perth is like comparing the prowess of Salmond and Darling? ;-)