Bother In Fan Zone - Page 2 - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bother In Fan Zone

FANDABBYDOZZY

The Proxima buses that were put on seemed to work quite well.

I went there by train and didn't emerge from the stadium until about an hour after the full time whistle. I found the bus queue no bother, thanks to a mate who was waiting for me, and within ten mins a bus pulled up and we were on our way back to Faro. Free travel, given that there was no chance for the driver to sell - never mind check - tickets.

I'd budgeted for having to get a taxi (16 euros each way according to the hotel) but it all it cost was a single train fare (standard price 1.40 euros).

There should have been a return train put on IMO.

We (quite rightly) moan about train travel back from Hampden after a midweek game but they could have easily filled a return train here and also made cash.

Same with beer/food pre-match and during the game. They missed out out on a massive cash cow.

Some amount of folk selling coke outside the ground. Not sure if they were dealers or undercover police trying to catch folk out.

Th number of times I was offered in Albufeira was unbelievable. The number of people saying they were on "Christian Bentekes" was just as high

There should have been a return train put on IMO.

We (quite rightly) moan about train travel back from Hampden after a midweek game but they could have easily filled a return train here and also made cash.

Same with beer/food pre-match and during the game. They missed out out on a massive cash cow.

Missing out on cash cow #2. No taxis in Faro after 11pm on Sunday. Long queues waiting to get out of town, phoning from the hotels was useless. Apparently the taxi drivers don't work Sunday nights.

There was some walloper pushing into the beer queue when we got there. I jokingly leaned into him, but let it be known that there was a queue.

He ignored me, and was pushing to the front.

Obviously I'm not getting into a fist fight for a pint of lager in a plastic cup, but the bare faced ishness of this guy was astounding. Made it to the bar in line with him and the barman took my order first. Thank fook.

The pushing caant then proceeds to order 16 beers! What a !

The lads behind were less than impressed.

Sadly with 12,000 People there are always grade A weapons who don't give one .

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Missing out on cash cow #2. No taxis in Faro after 11pm on Sunday. Long queues waiting to get out of town, phoning from the hotels was useless. Apparently the taxi drivers don't work Sunday nights.

Taxis in Albufeira on sunday night monday morning nae bother padre.